Cylinder 1 Misfire

crazykyle709

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my stang last october and it randomly misfires only on cylinder one. I have changed spark plugs and swapped the coils around. It runs good 90% of the time, about once a week it will misfire sometimes on startup or after driving it around for 10-15 minutes. At times under load the car will feel like its wants to fall on its face. I did have an incident last week when I was stuck at a stop light for about 5 minutes, when I went to park the car right after the light it had a very rough idle and misfired on cylinder 1. Could it possibly be the fuel injectors? The Coil Pack Connector Clip is also broken on cylinder one (and a few others) causing it to not clip to the coil.

Also I bought this car from a car lot and they did not have any ideas on what was done to it from the previous owner. The only obvious things I have seen so far is 4.10 gears, cai, shorty headers, tb spacer. Is it possible there is something that has been done to this car that my tune is not accounting for causing the car to fall on its face or misfire?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
First off, put some zip ties around those connectors so they will stay in contact with the coil, I have a few that way myself. Also what did the plugs look like that came out?

crazykyle709

Reaction score
I'll try to rig up some zip ties. Also the plugs looked fairly decent but switched them to the one piece design anyways.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my stang last october and it randomly misfires only on cylinder one. I have changed spark plugs and swapped the coils around. It runs good 90% of the time, about once a week it will misfire sometimes on startup or after driving it around for 10-15 minutes. At times under load the car will feel like its wants to fall on its face. I did have an incident last week when I was stuck at a stop light for about 5 minutes, when I went to park the car right after the light it had a very rough idle and misfired on cylinder 1. Could it possibly be the fuel injectors? The Coil Pack Connector Clip is also broken on cylinder one (and a few others) causing it to not clip to the coil.

Also I bought this car from a car lot and they did not have any ideas on what was done to it from the previous owner. The only obvious things I have seen so far is 4.10 gears, cai, shorty headers, tb spacer. Is it possible there is something that has been done to this car that my tune is not accounting for causing the car to fall on its face or misfire?

Should have mentioned that first. I would have swapped that before chasing down other possibilities.

Go get some pigtails and splice them in. I broke a couple and just decided to do them all as they were getting brittle and I was doing a semi wire tuck at the time anyways.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You could also have broken wire in side the insulation. I have had that issue before.

06monera96

LeShawno
Reaction score
Currently super cold in Canada last week
Car threw 3 misfires code.
Mechanic who did my engine swap told me the pigtails on the coils where fucked. Unplugged them without using the clip... Yea they are in need of changing.
Order 8 new pigtails off ebay for 40 bucks.
Zipties are a quick fix until you actually replace them!

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Is the car tuned at all. I had this issue when I was running one of my BAMA tubes. It ran like a BOH but would continuously throw misfires on cyl. 1. Changed tunes and no more misfire problems.

Sent from iPhone

crazykyle709

Reaction score
Is the car tuned at all. I had this issue when I was running one of my BAMA tubes. It ran like a BOH but would continuously throw misfires on cyl. 1. Changed tunes and no more misfire problems.

Sent from iPhone

Tune caused your misfire on a single cylinder? I do have a bama tune, did you have them send a new one or did you go through someone else? Would hate to have to go through someone else since I paid money for lifetime tunes lol.

I'll defiantly look into fixing the pigtails permanently here soon

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Yes. I went with a different tuner, but just because I really wanted to try his tunes. I have been very happy with it and will continue to use him.
I too have BAMA for life, but after 3 tries from them to get it right...

Sent from iPhone

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back