Diferent front caliper sizes for same year car

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Purchased 18 X 9 wheels from American Muscle and when put on they rubbed the front brake caliper, not the face but the outside. When I called AM I was told that in the middle of the production year Ford started suing a larger caliper. THe manufacture date on my car is 04/14. Has anyone run across this issue or is AM blowing smoke up my butt. MY order was actually (2) 18 x 10 for the back and (2) 18 X 9 for the front. come to find out the 18 X 10's were damaged in shipping (boxes looked like they had been through a battle. I had purchased tires to fit the rims from Discount Tire, since the front rim rubbed the caliper the car never went off the lot, DT was gracious enough to take the tires back and I bought a new set of tires to go on the factory rims. If anyone has run across this problem please chime in and let me know what you did. I got an RMA and sent the rims back. I can just imagine the shape the boxes will be in after 2 trips through UPS.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I have never heard of Ford using different size calipers during the 2014 MY. Just curious, does your car have the track pack with the Brembos? If so, you might might have some fitment issues with 18's, depending on the wheel.

From my experience, American Muscle has outstanding customer service. I have had a couple of issues with some of their stuff over the past several years, and they have always gone above and beyond to make things right for me. If you have an RMA number, and have already sent wheels back, there shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
2014 GT would have the same front brakes back to 2011, as mentioned the only difference would be a Track Pack car with Brembo package.

cheers
Ed

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brembo calipers WILL fit those 18" wheels, BUT ONLY IF YOU DO NOT INSTALL WHEEL WEIGHTS ON THE "OUTSIDE" EDGE.

travelers

Reaction score
I know my stock 19s won't fit with the 14'' Brembo's, I just leave my LS wheels on all year now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back