difference between pi single and multi disk

matt texass

Reaction score
I know theres a difference between the pi single and multi disk converters. Ive seen an advertisement that the multi disk frees up more power. Can someone explain to me why? And someone with more knowledge for a n/a dd car with a 3:73 gear what would yall recomend as far as stall is concerned.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you would be fine with somewhere between a 2800-3200 stall for everyday driving. Even if you do decide on a S/C you'll till be fine. The Multi-Disk is much more heavier compared to the single. I know singles are recommended for N/A and Multi-disks are recommended for forced induction applications. Thats about as far as I go tech wise on them...

jaeusmc

Reaction score
I know theres a difference between the pi single and multi disk converters. Ive seen an advertisement that the multi disk frees up more power. Can someone explain to me why?

I don't think any of the single disks stay locked under WOT.

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
i got 3.73's and a 3200 multi disk. plan on going s/c. hauls ass my friend. really brings the beast alive. you'll have to learn how to redrive it ;)

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the 'multidisc' uses a multi-element clutch, which sandwiches an additional layer of friction material between the clutch plate and the front cover.

As far as your stall is concerned. Many n/a guys have told me a 3000-3200 is about right.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back