Do I need a wiring harness to install an aftermarket stereo in a 2010+ Mustang?

2010SterlingGT

Lava Roush
Reaction score
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Bernalillo County, USA, N
I have a 2010 Mustang GT, basic 4 speaker stereo. I am going to order a Pioneer DDIN 7" Touchscreen non nav stereo. I am going to order the Metra Dash Kit.

Do I need a wiring harness in order to install the Pioneer deck to the vehicvle? I am replacing all of the speakers as well, adding a sub, XM radio, microphone, amplifier etc.

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
you will unless you plan to run new wires everywhere for the new speakers.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I have installed radios without them but its a huge pain. You would have to look up the wire diagram and cut out the stock connector and solder the wires while they are behind the dash. Waaay worth the money to buy the harness.

2010SterlingGT

Lava Roush
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered this. The only other one I found was by Metra and was for sync/navigatoin etc. I dont have any of it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015ASMIQ/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00

It looks like that is the only one available for our cars that came with the basic audio system, I know it sucks! I just ended up keeping my factory radio and installing JL Audio's Cleansweep. It actually sounds pretty damn good! But since you wanna go with the Pioneer, there are not too many choices available. Good luck brotha!

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
and another reason I am just going to add a sub and replace the stock speakers.

The cost of the parts to install are almost as much as the HU.

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
From metraonline.com

you'd need this adapter:

http://www.metraonline.com/part/71-5520-1

You'll possibly also need an antennae adapter.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/40-CR10

Not sure how the 10's+ work, on my 09 F150 I had to find an accessory bat+ lead to run to the radio, as that was controlled via CAN bus, and it was either running a new acc+ lead, or buying that $100 can bus module. I chose the $20 harness and running a new acc+ lead, and it worked perfect.

Last edited:

2010SterlingGT

Lava Roush
Reaction score
I hooked up all of the wires from the Pioneer harness to the PAC harness. I used all but one wire. It looks like I didnt use the VSS wire. I dont think I will use all of the connections either. Slowly starting to put stuff in my car. I installed my Alpine 5x7 coaxials in my doors last night. Took about an hour for both. Boy they sound nice. They sound great with the factory deck. They are giong to sound wonderful with the Pioneer deck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back