Dyno Day August 17-19 with BAMA Chips........DOUG

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
- I was notified about the changes previous to the event

- Joe, Doug, and Cody handled the event to the best of their abilities and it turned out great!

- Yes, it was a bit unorganized but not to the point to have the need to keep on posting about it. It's done, over, forget about it!

- I'm happy with my experiences with Joe, Doug and Cody.

- Joe single handedly runs his shop by himself and works his freaking ass off to try and please his locals AND HIS FORUM customers/people.

- If you've been to a "Dyno Day", you'd know that they are never, ever all that organized. Usually you'll have a Terminator take 2 hours, then a 06 Bolt on GT take 30 min....you never know, so be prepared to wait!

- This is not directed toward anyone. I'm perfectly fine with everyone out there but this whole "Bashing" Joe needs to freaking stop. If you need to voice your opinion on the situation or have a specific problem put it up with Joe. Maybe y'all could of fixed this error in a more timely and polite manner.

- EVERY business out there are going to have people who hate them I don't care who you are!

- Joe handled the event fine (IN MY OPINION) and I am perfectly satisfied with the outcome.

- I wish we could just resolve this if need be and stop this bullshit!

BTW, I drove 5 1/2 hours to get to Houston and it was worth every minute of my time. I enjoyed the experience and really liked hanging out with Joe, Joe #2, Cody, Doug, Phil, etc. I'm sorry for the few who didn't enjoy it but as my mom says "Shit Happens, get over it"....I love her!

- Justin

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like I emphasized with Marc on the phone. "200 for 3 tunes....thats a steal!!!".

You can't beat that. I mean, you really can't beat that!

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
And what relevance does that have...............

Whether its one or many its still an event and it can still be broken down and managed as any other event can be managed. Believe it or not things do not have to be like they always have been, if that were the case there would be many big and small business that would be out of service.

Those that can identify, change, improve and impress are those that will have a chance to succeed and grow and prosper in this day and age.

It can always be done better. Why settle for complacency or [FONT=&quot]mediocrity[/FONT] when we have the power to make it better.

His point is, How many cars have you tuned? It is not something that is done quickly! Every car is different, then throw in those that read on the internet,"This is how I read to do it" that installed something wrong or very unfriendly to the tuning process.
You might want to speak to a few more tuners and see how long the average Dyno day takes for just 10 Normal cars. Not cars that have things not seen everyday.

matt texass

Reaction score
w/e this is dumb and pointless this guy sounds like someone can not be satisfied

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Thats not the issue Matt. The issue is the price changed at the last minute (day of the event) and Joe's customers did not have the ability to determine and decide whether the price change would keep them coming to the event or deciding not to come to the event.

Pricing should not change the day of the event after it was communicated so widely in this thread that and it was set at a fixed price of NA $150. Non defensible. If the price should have been $200 then this should have been established well ahead of the day of the event and properly communicated. Simple, effective and ethical.

I Never changed the price the day of the event. It was communicated to everyone who showed, even those who drove 8 hours what the price was going to be.

Again, Everyone else knew the pricing before coming from MILES away.
You seem to be the only one who didn't, and I assume from your Tardyness that you didn't know about the first come first serve thing either, or else you would not have shown up with an attitude and wanted to be next for a tune!

I will stand by the statement made by several here on the boards and over the phone by those who took time out of their day to call me and say thanks for having the event and knowing this is something I didn't have to do.

Not to mention you got mad that MY customers were having a private dyno day! Some of the others who were there for Sat. came by and watch and spoke with doug for some time about questions they had, But you got Mad that you were not invited. I offer something special for my customers and those who didn't want to come on Sat.

Last edited:

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Thats not the point Joe. I have said I understand fully the variable nature of tuning. The point is it can be and managed much easier with structure.

Why don't you respond to the other reply s I've posted as I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Are you so resistant to change or utilizing methods that potentially could make a Dyno Day a much better event for all, yourself included?

Again why no response to the pricing concern?

I'm getting the feeling you really are resistant to allowing yourself the chance to improve your Dyno Day event. I also getting the feeling you may not fully comprehend the issues at hand and as such you can't offer any feedback, thoughts or logical explanations. I was hoping you would be looking to figure out how to improve a situation and make a positive out of it if not now, at least for the future. That bides well for customer satisfaction and retention.

This worries me and adds further [FONT=&quot]credence[/FONT] to my not being able to recommend DynoJoe's to my friends at work and home.

Here was my response!
I Never changed the price the day of the event. It was communicated to everyone who showed, even those who drove 8 hours what the price was going to be.

Again, Everyone else knew the pricing before coming from MILES away.
You seem to be the only one who didn't, and I assume from your Tardyness that you didn't know about the first come first serve thing either, or else you would not have shown up with an attitude and wanted to be next for a tune!

I will stand by the statement made by several here on the boards and over the phone by those who took time out of their day to call me and say thanks for having the event and knowing this is something I didn't have to do.

Not to mention you got mad that MY customers were having a private dyno day! Some of the others who were there for Sat. came by and watch and spoke with doug for some time about questions they had, But you got Mad that you were not invited. I offer something special for my customers and those who didn't want to come on Sat.

As for you Recommending me, Do as you wish. My work and the cars I built that have been featured in mags, won races and are some of the quickest Ford Street cars in Houston Speaks for itself.

I want you to schedule and set up a Dyno day before you mouth off as to how easy "it could be"
You were at the shop for all of what???????30 Minutes?

You are something else Man. For everything I've done for folks on this forum, offered specials and helped out in tech info. You are so quick to bask me for something you did not fully research yourself, or do some checking on what was going on. You were not given a confirmed Time, Me-I would have called to see what the deal was, but you would rather get on the internet and say "you didn't get what you wanted!

Last edited:

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
How? When? and by whom?

You may be the only one privileged with this info? Justin, can you show the rest of us where that was communicated here in this forum? That would be outstanding if you could.

Thanks

There you go again with This Forum!!!!!!!! Not everyone has time to spend on the ineternet.

PICK UP A PHONE!!!!!!!!!!! I know for a fact I tried to call you 3-4 times to confirm on wednesday, with no answers!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Joe multiple times before the event took place and he informed me of the pricing issues. Thats truly all the proof I have, which in reality is not proof at all. So no, I do not have direct proof of him posting it on the forums, but knowing how I am I called and Joe called multiple times to confirm everything. That is all...

Phil, did you ever throw it back to stock and then throw your tune back on there to see/feel the difference?

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
I spoke with Joe multiple times before the event took place and he informed me of the pricing issues. Thats truly all the proof I have, which in reality is not proof at all. So no, I do not have direct proof of him posting it on the forums, but knowing how I am I called and Joe called multiple times to confirm everything. That is all...

Phil, did you ever throw it back to stock and then throw your tune back on there to see/feel the difference?

Phil never got a tune! He left without telling anyone and his spot was taken by someone who pulled up later in the day that heard about the event and wanted a tune and was willing to wait for it!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Phil never got a tune! He left without telling anyone and his spot was taken by someone who pulled up later in the day that heard about the event and wanted a tune and was willing to wait for it!

I was referring to his previous tune he had in there. I know he left the event...

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Joe, please, would love your feedback on the issues I've identified.

You must have some thoughts.....................

What about the pricing, any explanation for it to change the day of the event?

Please, something, anything..........................

I'm honestly relieved I have not had you do any work or touch my car in any respect. I know I'm not the only one to feel this way but I may be the only one who speaks up

The beauty of free speech and the Net is the ability to provide information, information that is both positive and negative in nature. Its a blessing to all of us and it allows all of us to make informed and good decisions. So agree or disagree, whats important is many have the ability to hear all sides and issues of a situation and to make a good conscience decision.

If you are comfortable with DynoJoe so be it and enjoy. If you are like a few of us then at least you are aware and thats also a good "thang"

Phil I don't know how to make it any clearer for you.

I have posted a response to your pricing change "issue" you have. If you can't slow down enough to read it, that's not my fault!

You and your internet friends are more than happy to go somewhere else to have work done. It's a free country and I am sure you have a brain you know how to use to make decisions.

You are one of only 2 folks I know of that have problems with the way I do things at MY shop. Both of you have never had work done by me, but one insists on calling, Pming and texting me about problems with his car!

You have my responses to your questions and concerns.

I challenge you to do something of this caliber and see how it turns out! Those who can't do teach and run off at the mouth!
You're a Planner, Plan a Dyno day and Execute it to your Specifications and if you don't have a single soul who says they didn't like something, Than you are better than me an 99% of Shop Owners.

I know you can't please everyone, But I do please 99.9% of the ones who actually have work done by me and have purchased things from me!
What do you have, Your internet and your "Plans".

Know you are taking time away from me being with my Family and I am done with this and you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back