Dyno Joe & Spydershaft in Magazine

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FFW Question

We are doing something pretty sweet this weekend at the FFW Ennis race with UPR's Car for the MAg.

Ok, Ennis is just down the road a piece from me.

What can the average bloke like me do at the track during FFW? Can we race our cars just for shits and giggles?

What time does it start?

Thx,

Mike

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the great publicity Ron!

I wish you much continued success with your great product!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
???
Ok, so was it just a drive shaft change as bry9 asked and you said yes to, or was it a driveshaft change and a tune change as you said in the next sentence?

Either way 4/5ths of a second is a hell of a nice gain overall. Just trying to clarify

Good question. If in fact the tune was changed, then that would be a shame, because even if 80% of the improvement between runs is due to the Spydershaft (as I believe was probably the case) introducing an additional variable casts doubt on the results.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
The vendor website says .21 sec.

I spent $5k to drop a full second of my stock time. That's $500 per .1 sec. I figure if .21 sec is all I get, $500 is still half price compared to what I've been spending!

http://www.leonardracingproducts.com/

"GAINS: .21 SECOND REDUCTION IN ¼ MILE E.T. ON A STOCK GT AUTO SAME DAY TRACK "

You should have the whole story out there though. It is misleading the way the mag listed it.

Also, Still a great job!!!

Last edited:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I spent $5k to drop a full second of my stock time. That's $500 per .1 sec. I figure if .21 sec is all I get, $500 is still half price compared to what I've been spending!

You should have the whole story out there though. It is misleading the way the mag listed it.

+2: I put my stock airbox/tune to take the car back to the stealership for a front strut mount TSB, and the car's acceleration was still stronger than stock with the Spyder....

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

spyder7724

Reaction score

just about everybody thats tested the driveshaft has gained about 2-3 tenths. the power level of the car has a lot to do with it. of course the s/c cars drop a little less e.t. cause they have so much torque but the n/a cars respond very well. the less power the engine makes the more difference it will give at the track.
we are testing one in a V6 manual car tomorrow at Mason-Dixon dragway's Ford Day so i hope it has good results also. V6 auto will be tested next week? maybe.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back