Emissions legal CAI question

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
These are good questions, my reasoning for buying the V6 is:

I currently drive about 140 miles, to/from work, per day. That is if i do not go anywhere else. I have to buy gas every other day, three times a week at ~$50 a tank. That works out to about $650/mo.

$650 a month!? For that much in fuel, I'd be looking hard at a mid-level Model 3 as it might cost less to pay for and you probably get other benefits in Cali for having an electric car.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the replies. It's not I'm not understanding, I'm just not happy about my options.

It is what it is, I have other priorities.

Thanks again
Well unfortunately those are your only options, as it is what it is. I'll just add by saying that usually when you get a CEL when running an aftermarket tune, it's because most tuning vendors turn off the rear 02 sensors in the tune due that most folks are not running stock cats and want as much airflow as possible. But in recent years, that has all changed, thanks to the EPA police cracking down with their stricter environmental polices. However you claimed in a previous post that your car passed the OBDII emissions test, therefore if what you posted was accurate? this would then mean that in order for your car to pass OBDII emissions? your rear 02 sensors would have to be left turned on in the tune, otherwise your car would NOT pass OBDII emissions testing. Therefore, this led me to the conclusion the reason for your CEL staying on was due to a parameter not being calibrated properly in your JLT tune, but then again, you also claimed in a previous post that your car runs just fine, so I really have no way of knowing for certain as to which info you provided is accurate or which isn't accurate, as neither quite add up IMHO. That being said, I tend to believe that makes the most logical sense, is the reason for your CEL staying on is due from your rear 02 sensors being turned off in the tune from whoever the tuning vendor was for the previous owner of your car that uploaded the tune for the JLT intake. What also doesn't make sense according to what you posted, is how you claimed your car passed emissions testing but failed visual inspection. If this is accurate, then why would an inspection station even bother going thru the emissions test procedure knowing full well that your car didn't pass visual inspection due from the JLT intake not being certified under CARB requirements? Once again, IMO what you posted just doesn't seem to add up. :shrug:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back