Exhaust Question.

Watain06GT

Perma n00b
Reaction score
I got the American Thunder axle back exhaust kit, and a Pypes cut and clamp x-pipe. the sound its pretty deep, but its no louder than stock (minus the drone which I don't mind) since the stock cats are still in place.

However. I want it louder, and I want it to sound like a 5.0... I'm thinking about going with a new set up later on and I just wanted to know if anyone has it. If you do feel free to post a video of it.

I was thinking about Flowmaster Super 44's with an off road H pipe or off road Prochamber.

Opinions? Other suggestions?

Thanks guys.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
It's going to be hard if not impossible to get the 5.0 sound. Just keep your you American thunders and get the o/r h or o/r prochamber.

jtscuba02

forum member
Reaction score
I had the Flowmasters with hooker Lts and non-catted x pipe. Sounded like crap. I ditched the x and Flows, and went with the catted h with the Mac axle backs. Sounds pretty good now and hardly any drone. IMO the Macs sound the best.

Watain06GT

Perma n00b
Reaction score
It's going to be hard if not impossible to get the 5.0 sound. Just keep your you American thunders and get the o/r h or o/r prochamber.

That's what I was thinking, I know Flowmaster has another American Thunder kit that is a squared case super 40 muffler. They claim it has a ''5.0 sound''. I know its pretty much impossible to get the ''hollow'' sound of an older Mustang due to the muffler placement though.

I had the Flowmasters with hooker Lts and non-catted x pipe. Sounded like crap. I ditched the x and Flows, and went with the catted h with the Mac axle backs. Sounds pretty good now and hardly any drone. IMO the Macs sound the best.

Yeah, imo outside of Stingers I haven't heard a muffler that sounds good with an o/r x on these cars.

jtscuba02

forum member
Reaction score
I thought about going back to the uncatted x and put super turbos on the car. I had them on a S10 with a 406 SBC and they sounded pretty damn good. And they were at the back of the truck. They are cheap enough and I have a welder here at the house. Guess I will have to put that on the to do list.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back