Exhaust question

dustland

Reaction score
I just totalled my 2006 Mustang and have bought a 2011, i dont have enough money to do the exhaust that i want right now but wanted to make it sound a little better. Which years off of the GTs will direct fit onto the car, i know the hangers are in different places on some.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to get a OEM cat-back GT500 setup (pipes and mufflers). Then, all you have to do is modify the pipes where they hit the clamps by the transmission. At that point, you can then use any 2011+ GT or GT500 mufflers you want.

dustland

Reaction score
So it is not like the 2006 where all i had to do was replace the mufflers with any gt mufflers? I guess int that case i will need to start looking for the pipes as well. What modification that you mentioned would i have to make?

bcb06gt

Reaction score
A muffler shop can fabricate it to work.

They can. One thing to consider is the cost of a slightly used V6 kit that fits vs having an exhaust shop make something up which could result in not being able to return the car to stock or easily swap to another axle back if you decided to change your mind.

For me, I went with a 3 week old used kit for my daughter's 2012 V6.

dustland

Reaction score
I was only trying to do it cause someone out here had a set of gt mufflers for $50. Have not been able to find any v6 kits used.

Back