F150 Ecoboost Builds

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Just for spits and giggles, added some Turbosmart duel port VTA BOV's to my Ecoboost. I like that they are super quiet when just cruising around town with normal driving, but def noticeable when you hit 3/4 to full throttle and they vent. Gotten a few strange looks from folks when playing around with it as nobody expects that from a full size truck. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--9kzR1IrKw

rocco

forum member
Reaction score
previous to my '13 F250 I had a '11 FX4 Screw/6.5 Ecoboost. I ran it for nearly 3 years (80k km's, 20k km's towing my 7000lb travel trailer) with zero issue. My Father in Law has it now.

When I got it (one of the first Ecoboosts my Dealer got back in the day)

After the Bilstein 5100's

Winter mode

towing

Finally the whole reason to get rid of it, my nearly 10k lb TT required a 3/4 ton.

At the dealer with the new beast

Alex

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Looks good!

Ford recently came out with an intercooler "cover" to go over that lower opening starting with the '14 ecoboost trucks. I bought one a couple months ago to fill that empty void. Not a great picture but you get the idea.
C31D902D-3CC4-40D1-88E4-725B7BF601EB_zpsuh8dma57.jpg

also a buddy and I have been working on putting an Icon lift on his '12 Ram Longhorn so yesterday decided to roll his BMF wheels on 37's out to the truck.
99DFCEE0-DD78-4A3F-94BF-AA82D220503D_zpsqvytfeom.jpg

do you have a part number for that intercooler "cover"?

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I think the more I drive this truck, and the harder I drive it the more power it's "seems" to have. I love my truck lol

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Chris, her new ride looks great. I don't see too many RR Platinum's around here - it's always black, silver, white and kodiak brown.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Run a tow tune and you'll shit yourself. I always recommend SSI. Go to f150ecotuning.com and check it out.

Thinking about swaping my f250 for one, just tow once or twice a month, do you think i can poull it pulling an enclosed trailer with race car?

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Yeah it's 4WD. Chrome tow hooks are standard, all that bling bling. All I did was remove the reflectors and replace them with the blackouts and install my stubby antenna.

Pics per your request. I love the interior.

Dash is a combination of a gloss black and brushed titanium.

Nice truck, I'd have to see the blue in person. Pretty sure mine has 4a as well? Anyway, I realize your's trucks are demo's but what are your thoughts on stepping down to the 150 from the 250 after alittle bit of time?

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Thinking about swaping my f250 for one, just tow once or twice a month, do you think i can poull it pulling an enclosed trailer with race car?

My camper weighs 7600 IIRC and it pulls it fine. If you have a weight equalizing hitch you should be fine unless you just have a huge trailer. The reason I say you need the hitch is due to the suspension and the fact that most racers tend to load the heck out of the front of their enclosed trailers. Go to your local dealer and see if they will let you demo one for a day. Hook it up and see how it does.

Sent from iPhone

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
My camper weighs 7600 IIRC and it pulls it fine. If you have a weight equalizing hitch you should be fine unless you just have a huge trailer. The reason I say you need the hitch is due to the suspension and the fact that most racers tend to load the heck out of the front of their enclosed trailers. Go to your local dealer and see if they will let you demo one for a day. Hook it up and see how it does.

Sent from iPhone

This. F150's have always been a bit weak on the rear spring capacity but they pull just fine. Helper springs, air bags or an equalizing hitch to handle the tongue weight and you'll be fine. Optimally you want your tongue weight about 7-10% of the total trailer weight.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back