F150 Ecoboost Builds

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info.

EDIT: I probably should spend a little more time on f150 forum. Lol

Sent from iPhone

Meh.... it's nowhere near as good as here. But... you get some good info over there in places. I have been considering the tune as well, but it will probably wait for a while. Right now I am trying to sort out which wheels to get now that I think I have the tire figured out. Just ordered my leveling kit and it should be here today. I toiled over coilovers for my truck, but it just didn't make sense considering my truck is on the road 97% of the time.

Anyway... having this post alive is good for me. Some of these ideas I don't see on the F150 forum and there are some better minds here as well.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Meh.... it's nowhere near as good as here. But... you get some good info over there in places. I have been considering the tune as well, but it will probably wait for a while. Right now I am trying to sort out which wheels to get now that I think I have the tire figured out. Just ordered my leveling kit and it should be here today. I toiled over coilovers for my truck, but it just didn't make sense considering my truck is on the road 97% of the time.

Anyway... having this post alive is good for me. Some of these ideas I don't see on the F150 forum and there are some better minds here as well.

I agree just get to see what others are doing on a larger scale pertaining to trucks only. . Not that I'm gonna go mod crazy on the truck. Lol
Of course it's kinda boring in comparison to here.

Sent from iPhone

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Just did offroad down pipes, 4" lift and tune on my new 14 Eco Plat

Still have paper plates lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on some quality 194 / 168 LED bulbs for my map light in my F150? I bought some before but one of them burned out so I was looking at replacing them but can't find too many that I'm really interested in buying.

I'd like to know what replacement led bulbs work also. I'd like to replace the map lights, along with the puddle lights.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I found some that I had laying around but they were pretty big, didn't think they would fit but sure enough they did. I still was trying to look at what was out there but kind of gave up looking tbh.

You know how you have to swap the puddle LEDs right?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing offroad pipes also for the performance gain. Still worried I won't like the sound of the exhaust since it's the ecoboost, but I can live with it if it isn't too bad and gives enough of a power boost. Today I added a kick pad for behind the passenger seat, a baby car seat base, and a seat protector under the base haha. Getting the truck ready for family duty in the next couple of weeks before our son arrives.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Huge difference in power. Intake noise is increased now, the turbos wail while spoiling.

I actually had LET tone down the tune because it was so aggressive, with amazing throttle response. But as a DD I wanted it a little more tame.

I kept the rowdy tune on my sct for those days that I might want to act a fool. Lol

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Adding 4" of lift with 34" tires killed gas economy though. I'm at 14.7 average now with slightly spirited driving

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Adding 4" of lift with 34" tires killed gas economy though. I'm at 14.7 average now with slightly spirited driving

Lucky! That is what I am at bone stock in my truck no matter how I drive it.

Although I have to admit I followed my grandfather in a Uhaul to College Station from Houston. and when limited to 60 MPH behind a big uhaul I got 22 MPG :handjob:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Lucky! That is what I am at bone stock in my truck no matter how I drive it.

Although I have to admit I followed my grandfather in a Uhaul to College Station from Houston. and when limited to 60 MPH behind a big uhaul I got 22 MPG :handjob:

Unless it's ALL highway, I never see much better than 16. With the winter fuel, I won't break 14.7.... but mine is bone stock. I live in NY though, so far from flat and my truck never goes 60 on the highway.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Unless it's ALL highway, I never see much better than 16. With the winter fuel, I won't break 14.7.... but mine is bone stock. I live in NY though, so far from flat and my truck never goes 60 on the highway.

I know a couple of people who get close to and above 17. I think it has a lot to do with the rear gear that is in my truck. and I still believe that there is something wrong with my engine.

I have seen several that have the FX4 package with the 3.73's get 16-17 all day long. I unfortunately didnt look at what rear end the truck I bought had till after the fact to see I screwed up and got the 3.15 rear.

I've driven the truck hard/soft like a teen and like a grandmother in all seasons and have never been able to hit anything better than 14-15 MPG.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
The other thing I have noticed is the cleaner the exhaust pipe the better the mileage these trucks are getting.
Mine looks like a diesel all black and sooty. Several of the other 17+ MPG trucks have exhaust pipes that look brand new.
I have been told time and time again that its normal and not to worry, but I have come across it on 4-5 trucks that have the same results.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
I have lifetime average ( 34k miles ) of 15.4 on my tuned Ecoboost but it drops down to 13.5 usually in winter and can hit 20-21 mpg pretty easy on road trips but 90% of all my driving is city. Gear ratio, size of your tires and how you drive it will largely determine your gas mpg on these trucks really.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I have lifetime average ( 34k miles ) of 15.4 on my tuned Ecoboost but it drops down to 13.5 usually in winter and can hit 20-21 mpg pretty easy on road trips but 90% of all my driving is city. Gear ratio, size of your tires and how you drive it will largely determine your gas mpg on these trucks really.

I totally agree. I definitely know to look at the rear gear and tailpipe before buying another ecoboost.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
The other thing I have noticed is the cleaner the exhaust pipe the better the mileage these trucks are getting.
Mine looks like a diesel all black and sooty. Several of the other 17+ MPG trucks have exhaust pipes that look brand new.
I have been told time and time again that its normal and not to worry, but I have come across it on 4-5 trucks that have the same results.

Could be....

I bought my truck in CT and hauled my 550lb motorcycle home in the back of it. Truck was filled with CT fuel. I was getting 20.6 all the way home, even with some MAJOR hills to pull up and the bike in back. I was giddier than a school girl. After my first tank I filled up with NY fuel and haven't seen anything north of 18 since (even empty). Like I said, if I run the highway i can get as high as 19 at less than 68, but never break 20. My truck has the 3:55 rear in it and the exhaust pipe is well.... reasonable. It's not clean, but what I would expect I guess.

That said, fuel is what I consider to be the culprit. Whenever I leave NYS and fill up out of state, all of a sudden my gas mileage increases. My wife's pilot never breaks 21, but I filled up in OH and KY while driving that car and it would get 23mpg @ north of 75mph. If it's not the fuel, the only other factor could be the terrain.

The only saving grace is that at least I pay the highest taxes on fuel and get the lowest efficiency from it. :argh:

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score

I think your issue is the 3.15 gearing. My 13 with 3.73 gearing averages between 17 and 18 in the summer, drops to 14/15 in the winter and the tailpipe looks like a diesel. I took it down to the Outer Banks this year and it averaged 22 on the way down and the way back which I thought was pretty impressive with a loaded bed.

When I drove it daily (my fiancée drives it now) I found that it was better to get it up to speed quickly instead of gradually and locking out 6th gear when driving in the city.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back