Filled Trans mount F/S

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
$35 shipped lower 48

will fit 05-10 GT manual.

I have no idea if it will fit auto or any other year

I spent way more to do this, just trying to get a couple of bucks back.

I was exploring ways to stop the dreaded high rpm shift lockout. I purchased this trans mount brand new ($90) and filled it with 94a hardness urethane (can be done for $30 but I was new to filling mounts and I over payed, but anyway).

This was to hard for me as my car was a street car. People all over the net are all like "don't fear the 94 hardness" but it did not work out for me.

I know some of you guys out there are way more willing to throw caution to the wind with NVH. This mount can be softened by drilling holes in it. I did not do this because I took the original mount and filled it with 60 hardness and that worked out for what I was looking for.

This mount was driven for about 5 days/60ish miles, that is all.

the dull side is from where the masking tape was for the filling process.

I also suggest either having a torq brace or poly motor mounts with this. Hardening the trans mount makes the mount become a factor in rotational vibrations. With stock mounts you will make a action-reaction set that will actually amplify vibration. torq mounts or poly motor mounts will stop this.

I totally invite you to give this a go, like I said, it should behave much differently with some holes drilled in it, or will make a nice complement for guys with solid motor mounts.

Thank you

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back