Finally got my car tuned right...Doug from Bama chips

GI Joe

Reaction score
I have to give a big thanks to Doug...He spent all day SUNDAY...before leaving to head to Cali working on my car. What a big favor he did for me to get this car ready for my big Nov 3rd event.
He fixed the hanging idle, he fixed the messed up shift points, he fixed the messed up shifting period, he fixed the messed up A/F, he fixed the REALLY messed up MAF counts, and he fixed the cold start issues. After sitting all night on the trailer it started up and drove straight to the garage....with my previous tune that was never possible. It always had to warm up for 5 minutes or risk cutting off when you pull out into traffic.
The base line tune from JDM that had been tweaked and tweaked made 469/450...
I had him leave me a conservative A/F and between timing and A/F I left a few HP on the table...probably 30hp but I feel good about it. A/F is 11.4-11.5
I left very satisfied with an auto putting 505/500 and a super flat power curve...
Drivability is far above and beyond any tune from any tuner that has ever been in ANY of my cars...It really comes through when a guy studys the software and attends all the SCT training instead of tuning on the fly...
car has stock cams and made 13.5 psi boost with mildly ported heads.
505/500 on an auto on the dyno...wait til it hits the track and loads that converter.....

Last edited:

matt texass

Reaction score
thats awesome man. Doug did me right and my car feels amazing as well. Good to hear your car is tuned right now.

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn Dave! Those are some awesome numbers! Can't wait to see the time slips! Can you say "Hangin the hoops!" :clap:

GI Joe

Reaction score
Damn Dave! Those are some awesome numbers! Can't wait to see the time slips! Can you say "Hangin the hoops!" :clap:
yea I was pretty happy with it and if it were not for the nitrous line leak I would have sprayed a 75 shot on top and probably saw 600 but we ran out of time...I felt really bad keeping him there til 9 pm anyway and he had to get up AM and fly out...Very cool.........

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
does he ever come to the philly area??

He travels all over the place bro. He likes to post on TMS, so shoot him a pm over there and see if you can get something going over in the East.

howarmat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to Doug, he emailed me my updated tunes for the ARH headers about 2 hours ago @ 1 AM! The guy just doesnt quit working for us!

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He travels all over the place bro. He likes to post on TMS, so shoot him a pm over there and see if you can get something going over in the East.

thanks for the heads up..i will shoot him a message

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doug is a great guy to meet and tune your car.
I had mine tuned by Doug (bama chips) Cody (StangHi) Joe (Dynojoe) back in august.
Since then I've added nitrous to my car so I'll be getting another tune by him in December when he comes to Baton Rouge at Cody's shop.
The nitrous tune I'm running now is one they (cody,doug joe) made up for another car that was there the first time.

O

oklacop

Doug came to Oklahoma City, OK back in June. We had a great time and he tuned my 06 with the Whipple. It screams now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back