First start and it Runs!

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well after just a little over a year of working on this install (when I had time) I was able to start it without any codes/problems or leaks. I was very nervous as I have never tore into anything like this before. I learned a lot throughout this adventure. Ready through everyone " does and don'ts " helped me correct any future problems i.e belt wrap, vacuum issues, cooling and so on. I am by far done with everything but it didn't stop me from taking it for a ride. Had to be careful only storage insurance on it for the past year lol. My ex brother in-law and I finished it up by changing the oil, filling power steering, filled coolant, installed wheel back on, finished the temp HE pump install & loaded the tune. He went with when I bought it and took it for the first drive together, he's always love this car. It ran for about 25 minutes while we pulled the jack stands and off for a little cruise. Holy shit that was a ride!! Definitely need wider tires. I wasn't even trying to brake them loose, well maybe leaving the gas station i did get in it a bit. Was a great day!! Only notice couple things, one key on is not #68 in fuse box. Pump ran the even with the key off. Had to keep pulling the fuse when i wanted to shut it down. Also noticed the longest time it seemed like it had a mis so you rev it in low rpm's up to maybe 1500 or so. Maybe computer was still learning. seemed to be better when we got back from our drive. Thanks everyone for your help along the way weather you know you helped or not. Here's a little start up video hopefully it works " first timer "

Beau

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Good for you! Nothing is more satisfying than doing something

I am starting to remove my blower and pull the motor so my motor can be fixed. Should be a festival.

Looking forward to seeing how all the tuning and first couple hundred miles go.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Great feeling, I know.
I changed out a lot of stuff the first winter I had mine and it was intimidating when it got time for the first start. Lund really helped me and gave good directions for a safe first start and tune. All the rest was down hill. Very nice Saleen. Looks super clean.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good for you! Nothing is more satisfying than doing something

I am starting to remove my blower and pull the motor so my motor can be fixed. Should be a festival.

Looking forward to seeing how all the tuning and first couple hundred miles go.
Yes it feels great. I have been so damn busy the last two years and every time I think about working on the car, paper work or family came up. I said fuck it yesterday and did what I wanted. The original project started off fun but then my OCD kick in hardcore lol. sometimes just overwhelming. I was out there re-routing wires because I didn't like how the instructions had it. Hell I got the tooth brushes, detail brushes you name it and cleaned every part before installing or reinstalling. I had lots of questions, thankfully I have friends and family that are mechanics. Brenspeed was pretty good about answering questions as long as I was buying. They took care of me well.

I look forward to seeing the build pics of your project. hope all goes well for you.

I hope everything turns out well with tuning. started it a little bit ago and it still has that hesitation up to about 2k. It is smelling very rich. Nothing gauges yet, Brenspeed said several times that theirs no need for them. I can't not keep an eye on it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
oh yeah it feels great that first startup after a large project.

my SC install felt great.

My engine swap felt great, for about 3 minutes until it started puking coolant out one of the gaskets i pinched somehow, i felt sick for a few moments until i discovered it was nothing huge and easily fixed, but damn i just wanted to drive my car again! :p

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great feeling, I know.
I changed out a lot of stuff the first winter I had mine and it was intimidating when it got time for the first start. Lund really helped me and gave good directions for a safe first start and tune. All the rest was down hill. Very nice Saleen. Looks super clean.
Thanks yes it is! All the little stuff got over whelming at times. I did a lot of small upgrades during the process. Upgraded all of my brakes which in turn caused me to change studs due to 1/2" wheel spacers that I didn't want. I was way to deep at point, so I went with it. upgraded my HE and pump to the 13/14 GT500. It just kept snow balling man.

That not the first time someone has called it a Saleen. Its just an 05 GT deluxe. It had the CDC shaker setup on it when I bought it in 07. When learned of the super shaker setup, I had to have it. It seemed prefect, SC and keep the look of the car. Big surprise they where not longer made. :( LOL long story there. 1-1/2 later found the blower just need the shaker found the to same day. Happy dance! Sorry for the long story. Its always been garage kept and has never seen snow. A good friend of mine painted in trade for his houses extra's bill. He said stop waxing it so damn much.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh yeah it feels great that first startup after a large project.

my SC install felt great.

My engine swap felt great, for about 3 minutes until it started puking coolant out one of the gaskets i pinched somehow, i felt sick for a few moments until i discovered it was nothing huge and easily fixed, but damn i just wanted to drive my car again! :p
It was a huge weight off my shoulders. It was weird seeing it set back on the ground with four tires. I may have gotten a hard on after taking of from the stop sign down the street. That very first 1st to 2nd shift was a rush. It just kept wanting more but I was babying it. I am was stoked that the roads were dry and know snow anywhere in sight. All the work stress this past summer made me just wanted to drive as well. Up next Oil pump gears & housing, more fuel and cams next. I think I have that bug for more. A big list but one thing at a time.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Even better when she runs great and there are no leftover parts...congrats on your overhaul & enjoy the ride!

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You got that right. I had a ton of extra bolts , they way oven fastened shit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even better when she runs great and there are no leftover parts...congrats on your overhaul & enjoy the ride!
Thanks. Can't wait drive this spring. I love the snow and I never wish it gone but I do now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back