First trip to the track with the 2014

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
I was out there that night, I saw your car but didn't get a chance to come say hi.

1. Track prep was awful and there was a headwind, everyone I know was running slower
2. The 26" tire is killing you because your car is probably shifting into 4th right before the traps
3. Hold down the traction control for about 10 seconds to get the traction control completely off
4. Datalog and send the logs to bama for them to update your tune and/or get a different one

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. Going with Mike Rousch for a new tune.

I'm running his tune as well. Best one I've had for the auto. Mike will get you squared away.

The same night you ran, I went 12.0 @ 116 the one pass I hooked decently on.(still spun 2nd some) Xpipe + tune + drs only.

Last edited:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I'm running his tune as well. Best one I've had for the auto. Mike will get you squared away.

The same night you ran, I went 12.0 @ 116 the one pass I hooked decently on.(still spun 2nd some) Xpipe + tune + drs only.

Awesome time and speed for those mods! I assume off road X, not catted?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Good choice, glad to see more and more going to Mike!

You can add me to the list. I loaded a tune from Mike this morning. Pouring down rain today, so no WOT yet, but drivability is waaaaay better than the SCT and Bama tunes I've run thus far in my '14 GT auto.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
You can add me to the list. I loaded a tune from Mike this morning. Pouring down rain today, so no WOT yet, but drivability is waaaaay better than the SCT and Bama tunes I've run thus far in my '14 GT auto.

Good to hear! Just be careful in the rain with those 1-2 shifts!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Good to hear! Just be careful in the rain with those 1-2 shifts!

I've lived in Seattle for 48 years, so I live for rainy days. Steering with the rear tires of a rear-drive musclecar is second nature to me. The 1-2 shift getting loose is fun. The 2-3 shift getting loose is thrilling. It's the 3-4 shift getting loose at 60+ on a public street that really makes me feel alive.

Now if we could just get some dry days so I could hit the local dragstrips!

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
You mentioned that the Rousch tune was way better than the other tune, does the Rousch tune not use an SCT tuner or how does that one work? I know there are a few different types of tuners and I recently traded vehicles so it's either send my SCT off to get unlocked or get something else.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You mentioned that the Rousch tune was way better than the other tune, does the Rousch tune not use an SCT tuner or how does that one work? I know there are a few different types of tuners and I recently traded vehicles so it's either send my SCT off to get unlocked or get something else.

I would say about 80% or more of the tuners use the SCT software. It's the same SCT tuner, just different guys have different ability's at tuning with the software. Mike has the 5.0 4.v automatic really figured out. One reason is because he bought one. He didn't want to try stuff on customers cars without proving it on his own car first. That is one of the many reasons Mike is so great to deal with.

I wouldn't think of having anyone else tune my car and it's a 3v, for which Mike also has the tuning down pat.

Earl

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
I have a local tuner in the area that is the same way, I trust him a lot and he does a great job, just breaking in my engine a little before I throw a tune on it and he doesn't have the 2014 software just yet. He's driven a Coyote since I think 2010 or 2011 and has worked extensively tuning and tweaking it. His car is bad ass and pushing over 700hp on a Paxton. He also tuned my 3v which was pushing 12 pounds of boost on a stock bottom end and it didn't blow, he was conservative with it and it done great for well over a year until I traded it. Stang910, local NC tuner. I was just curious if there was something different they were using.

pibirdman

forum member
Reaction score
Ok. Pretty much same results at Fun Ford this weekend. Should i be putting it in D or S? My s/c 3V is so much easier to race.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
That may depend on your tune, if it were a stock car without a tune then of course you'd want to go into Sport mode but if you have a tune on it then they may have set both of them up the same anyways? Should be able to turn the traction control and advancetrac off and mash it lol.

pibirdman

forum member
Reaction score
I will ask Mike to see what he suggests for his tune. I did figure out how to turn off both traction and advance trac.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
You ran the same times with Mike's tune or with the bama tune still?

pibirdman

forum member
Reaction score
Average of 12.80s with Mike's tune. Have not datalogged yet though.

DA was 525 this weekend versus 1323 last weekend.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back