First trip to the track with the 2014

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
My 2012 vert bone stock besides a tune from aem ran 12.48 @ 114 and that's with traction control on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
@FIVE-OH

H pipe went on today and the air raid CAI. At idle car doesn't sound much louder. At WOT it is significantly louder. Still not ridic loud but it satisfies me anyway.

I'm not sure if I have an exhaust leak or not. I hear a ts ts ts sound when I'm getting into the throttle. That sound is barely noticeable when I rev in neutral. Only when in D and on the throttle is it apparent.

I felt around under the car and was unable to feel any leaks so not sure if that is just how it is or if there is an issue.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
@FIVE-OH

H pipe went on today and the air raid CAI. At idle car doesn't sound much louder. At WOT it is significantly louder. Still not ridic loud but it satisfies me anyway.

I'm not sure if I have an exhaust leak or not. I hear a ts ts ts sound when I'm getting into the throttle. That sound is barely noticeable when I rev in neutral. Only when in D and on the throttle is it apparent.

I felt around under the car and was unable to feel any leaks so not sure if that is just how it is or if there is an issue.
The sound improvement sounds good!

As for the "leak", usually an exhaust leak is easily noticeable at idle. If you only hear it under load it must be something else, or just a different sound from the cat deletes?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Yah it may be fine. It's hard to know what to expect. Never had an offroad exhaust before. Plus the new cai also changes the sound a bit. It sounded fine on an overpass with concrete on both sides of the car. I'll double check it again after a couple drive cycles just to be safe. Have a buddy of mine get under there and check for me.

On my second test drive I got rear ended by a young girl who was on her cell phone. Looks like I'll be in it for a new bumper minimum. Exhaust seems OK and I doubt there is frame damage though its hard to say without pulling it off of there first. Already filed a claim. She admitted everything.

:/

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Yah it may be fine. It's hard to know what to expect. Never had an offroad exhaust before. Plus the new cai also changes the sound a bit. It sounded fine on an overpass with concrete on both sides of the car. I'll double check it again after a couple drive cycles just to be safe. Have a buddy of mine get under there and check for me.

On my second test drive I got rear ended by a young girl who was on her cell phone. Looks like I'll be in it for a new bumper minimum. Exhaust seems OK and I doubt there is frame damage though its hard to say without pulling it off of there first. Already filed a claim. She admitted everything.

:/

Ugh, sorry to hear that dude. Find a good body shop...

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks.... I'm constantly looking around and looking behind me and such at stoplights, can't trust people.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
It won't sound so hot with stock mufflers. Get some GT500's!

We'll see I guess, I know it wouldn't sound good with an off-road X but an H might be a different story. I like the stock sound of the car but would like it a little more pronounced. If that's not good i'll get some GT500s yeah, heard a lot of great things about them.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty bummed about it I sure hope there isn't frame damage. Hopefully it'll be OK. Gashes in the bumper and the bottom part of the license plate area got pushed down a bit. Seams on the 1/4 panels where the bumper meets up are fine and the trunk lid looks straight. No creases along the top edges of the car. So those are good signs.

I'm going to ask a buddy of mine to check the exhaust with me tomorrow and see if there are any leaks. He's a mechanic by trade and I trust his ears/opinion 100%. I'm pretty sure the airy ts ts ts noise I hear is just how it is. But I want to be sure about it. Seems so strange you don't hear it when reving in neutral. But the engine moves a lot more air when in D and under load.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Could be the CAI, they can make a little noise. Remember that your air filter is no longer enclosed in a box and such.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Riptide said:
I'm going to ask a buddy of mine to check the exhaust with me tomorrow and see if there are any leaks. He's a mechanic by trade and I trust his ears/opinion 100%. I'm pretty sure the airy ts ts ts noise I hear is just how it is. But I want to be sure about it. Seems so strange you don't hear it when reving in neutral. But the engine moves a lot more air when in D and under load.

Report back with your findings.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
@FIVE-OH

The sound is normal. Larger, more air flow. I took mine off 3x the first time I put it on because I thought that sound was an exhaust leak. I then took it to an exhaust shop, they looked at it, said it was fine and the noise was normal.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
It's kind of a hissing noise and it's most apparent at moderate to heavy throttle.

Had the car on stands again this morning started it cold. My mechanic friend felt around all the flanges and the clamps again. Says there isn't any leaks.

Must be the intake I guess. I'll double check my work on that and also check for soot deposits on the exhaust after I drive it for another hundred miles. But odds are there isn't anything wrong with it.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
It's kind of a hissing noise and it's most apparent at moderate to heavy throttle.

Had the car on stands again this morning started it cold. My mechanic friend felt around all the flanges and the clamps again. Says there isn't any leaks.

Must be the intake I guess. I'll double check my work on that and also check for soot deposits on the exhaust after I drive it for another hundred miles. But odds are there isn't anything wrong with it.

Toss the stock airbox back on so you will know what it is...

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
I'll repeat it again. It's the exhaust making the hissing noise and its normal.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
^^ Yah I'm not going to worry about it at this point and I'm not putting the stock airbox back on. It is an odd noise and was unexpected which is why I thought it had to be a leak. I see a lot of people talking about hissing noises from aftermarket intakes but exhausts not so much. It is what it is. Oh well.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Odd, that I have never heard this issue coming from cat deletes before? Guess I will know if mine does the same in a week or so after I get it on...

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh, not sure I am liking that at all...maybe I will pass on using this off road H pipe then. I really want the extra power and volume, and can deal with a little more smell. But I am not sure I can deal with any added odd noises as I really like the tone of my exhaust as of now.

Can you guys describe how bad the hissing is better?

Wish I could listen to some more videos of this...

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I had the same question when I installed my O/R-x, thought I had an exhaust leak with the hissing thing. but everything was sealed up nice it's just normal.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same question when I installed my O/R-x, thought I had an exhaust leak with the hissing thing. but everything was sealed up nice it's just normal.
How bad/noticeable is the hissing sound? Does it bother you?

Back