Fixing a dent

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Hey all, was wondering if anyone can help me out. Some asshole backed into me and dented my car. I don't think it is worth going through insurance for it. Does anyone have any tips on how I can take care of this myself?

IMG_7504.jpg

Beauch

New Car / Old School
Reaction score
Look for Dent Doctor or Dent Spa in your area. See if there is anything they can do for you. I know they did a great job on my car. Sometimes they have a dry-ice / heat gun trick to "pop" out dents.

You may end up going through insurance. So make sure you got a report on file. You have 24 hours to make a report in most States.

ixtlan

Reaction score
Those paintless repair guys do a pretty good job.
As long as there isn't a crease in the metal.
They got all kinds of odd looking hammers and tools to do different things with.
Price generally is pretty fair too.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Paintless dent repair.

Many thanks for the tip. I didn't even know there was such a service. From the sample photos on one of the websites, this ding looks like a perfect candidate for PDR! Cool. Might just have saved me a lot of money!

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Well just got back from the Autobody shop and that little ding carries a $1000 price tag! My comprehensive deductable is $300. The paintless dent restoration dude quoted $150 - 175 so I guess I will go with the PDR.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
so are you going to get the insurance money for having the body shop fix it then have the pdr done? Sound like an easy way to make a buck!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't see the PDR guy getting it out completely since it looks like the dent is in the bodyline and it's creased. I hope it works though, report back and let us know. Some of those guys are damn good at what they do so I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back