X-Charger Xtreme questions

Tyrannax

Reaction score
Hey all! I have an 05 mustang with an XCharger Xtreme kit that was installed about 10 years ago. I have very little knowledge about how to properly care for it (it’s already destroyed 2 engines, but the 3rd seems to be doing okay!)

I have 2 questions:

First off, I need to replace the belt and have no idea what kind it needs. It’s hard to find info on this setup. Does anyone have any idea what replacement belt I need to order?

Also, what are the most important things I need to do to ensure the supercharger/engine remain healthy? I didn’t even know the supercharger required oil until a mechanic mentioned it!

Any and all tips would be incredible! Thank y’all so much.

JimC

Reaction score
The supercharger oil only needs to be changed on like a 100,000 mile interval.

If you are blowing engines then you need to have your tune updated. Something is off. I had well over 100,000 miles on my 2006 and never had any issues (203,000 miles of hard driving). That car is still running today on the original engine.

I don't recall the belt right now and am not on my home computer where I probably have the Xcharger installation documents. When I return home this weekend I will see if I have it.

crjackson

Reaction score
Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
The Goodyear is what I had on my 2006 as well.

Back