Full bolt on, full bolt on/cammed and nitrous 1/4 mile times

Boostedstroker

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, I am looking at possibly purchasing a S197. I am looking to get some information on what type of 1/4 mile times is typical/on the faster end for a full bolt on, full bolt ons with cams and a full bolt on car with a 125-150 shot (with a stock 3v 4.6 longblock, minor suspension/drivetrain work, full weight or minor weight reduction and I would run slicks). I live in Michigan so both tracks are at 700-900ft elevation and are both good tracks. While there is plenty of times out there alot of them don't list the full details or are times with beginner driver's. I would eventually be putting a On3 turbo kit on it which I know at the limit that a stock 3v 4.6 can handle (450-475rwhp) with a good driver and slicks they seem to run consistent low-mid 11s. I appreciate any input or information! If you have a specific time that you have ran please list the details on your setup.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved. Not tech

Check out the drag section for times for a variety of set ups

Boostedstroker

Reaction score
Sorry about that, thanks for moving it. I have looked at the drag slip section and the majority of slips/times posted do not give or give very little information on the details of the setup on the car. I have found plenty of info on supercharged/turbo cars/basically stock cars but not much on the setups I am inquiring about. Same thing goes for YouTube videos, the title of video is usually the only information you get.

Moved. Not tech

Check out the drag section for times for a variety of set ups

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
With the stock gears and no power adder you won't get much beyond mid to high 12 second quarter mile times.
You should be able to get mid 11 second times with stock gears and a 150 shot.

This is a stick car dropping the clutch at 6000 rpm off the line or an auto car with a great converter.

Add gears to the same equation and super low 11 second times are well within reason.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what to speculate for your 1/4mi times but I would be datalogging your fuel pump duty cycle when using nitrous. You might be getting close to maxing it out. Also if you plan on going turbo you will need to upgrade the pump anyway.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back