Luillo's 2013 Shelby Build thread

Discussion in '2007+ Mustang GT500 Tech' started by luillo, Dec 12, 2020.

1. MrBhp

MrBhp Member

I know the feeling of having parts just sitting on the floor waiting for more parts or money to finish a project. Items get misplaced, warranties expire, I forget why the heck I bought that thing, what is that thing, I forgot. I've had my turbo setup sitting in a box for over a year. I've been gathering everything I'll need for the install. Nothing like getting in the middle of a build only to discover you need one more thing that you can't afford.

The only thing that I do on the battery relocation is run a ground wire all the way to the engine. I've had intermittent problems in the past with grounding thru the chassis. Most people have no problems, but when you do they can be really bizarre.

luillo likes this.
  2. Juice

Juice forum member

You can install the longtubes and not need to tune it. The coyote pcm's learn transport delay. I just installed longtubes, and drove it without any changes to the stock tune for headers. Ran perfect.
    If your "high flow" midpipe has no cats, you will get P420/p430 codes.

Ps: I could see a different behavior in STFTs with the LTs. But the PCM was not freeking out, and appeared to be adapting. Adding 15% to transport delay helped, I think I will end up with +30%. But for now, I'm just driving it and letting the PCM learn & test OBD.

3. luillo

luillo forum member

Thanks, i was planning to do just that to be safe but wasn't sure if it was needed. Does anybody know b y chance what's the stock wire gauge this cars come with? i am not sure if is 8-gauge or something else.

4. luillo

luillo forum member

Alexandro from Lund racing told me that the PCM will trim but not adjust. I should be good but at this pace, i will have everything i need to do the full install and tune. Currently just waiting for Kenne Bell to make and supply my oval 168mm TB.

Then transmission cross member and clutch, done. last thing will be the trutrac and build engine. This 5.8 cost way too much to build, Jesus!!!!

5. Juice

Juice forum member

Not sure what he means by "trim but not adjust". Trim is an adjustment! lol The coyote pcm is really a next step in pcm tech. There are a bunch of learned values besides STFTs and LTFTs. Half of the fuel trim is applied to the maf transfer, so it can actually learn the maf to a certain extent. It can learn octane and adjust for fuel within reason. WOT afr is no longer something you need to tune. Set it what you want, and it will be what is set. Wideband upstream sensor + closed loop WOT= AFR set in tune. Just to name a few items.

6. luillo

luillo forum member

I guess is to trim to what needs to be but will fall back down to the standard parameter. The difference i think is when the tune gets adjusted to compensate for any changes then it will trim from that base line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Juice

Juice forum member

I will report my observations as the PCM learns! I need 2 more trips before the cat and o2 sensor tests become available. The first 4 drive cycles only run EGR and Components tests.

8. luillo

luillo forum member

I will finally take some time to do the headers installation but i am curious to know everybody's thoughts about supplied bolts to install them. They are ferrous bolts, therefore, not aluminum and i worry about galvanic reaction. I bought the vibe-lock and they are also ferrous, very magnetic bolts. I am pretty sure i cant use the studs because Stainless Works headers have turns that will be in the way.
    Have any of you ran into this dilemma?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.