Gas pedal not working car starts, idles

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
So today I get in the car and after start up and idle the gas pedal stopped working.

Car will idle and the first time after start I hit the pedal and it will rev once and that's it.
I kill the car, restart, let idle and I can rev once and then no pedal response.

WTAF?

Reaction score
So today I get in the car and after start up and idle the gas pedal stopped working.

Car will idle and the first time after start I hit the pedal and it will rev once and that's it.
I kill the car, restart, let idle and I can rev once and then no pedal response.

WTAF?

All Mustangs since 2011 are drive by wire. You have a broken throttle body or wire.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Ran FORESCAN and the tests P1575 pedal position out range
P2138 Pedal position sensor voltage
So essentially the pedal took a crap, pulled the pedal and tore it apart and there is nothing inside. The true sensor portion is enclosed and must be a magnetic field sensor as the moving pedal has 4 round metal tabs. I have another pedal on the way so I put this one back together and gave it a kinetic calibration adjustment, plugged it back in and it is working for now. Such a pain.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
All Mustangs since 2011 are drive by wire. You have a broken throttle body or wire.
All since 2005 actually. 05-09 has a different connector and the 11-18 are 6 pins. Found that the 11-16 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder use the same pedal. Only difference is plain black or the extra $100 for the aluminum insert. You can swap the rubber/metal pad from one to the other it only has one hex head holding it on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back