Gear whine good - so far (knock on simulated wood for me)

V

VSOP

Ok so maybe he is using teh AAA service they are abit better when you are a premium member

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok warmed up.. So where is Cekim with the update.. Did he breakdown on the side of the road waiting for the Ford Tow service...?
Gears are all good... transmission (3650) is another matter - it sounds like it is going to fall out...

Gig4Fun - no problem... It had just been a few since I had done gears and I heard nothing but whine,whine,whine - so I started to wonder if something had changed...

But it seems the whining was just vsop....

He said something about a woman calling out his name in another thread - I gather it was to tell him to get off her husband... ;-)

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gears are all good... transmission (3650) is another matter - it sounds like it is going to fall out...

Gig4Fun - no problem... It had just been a few since I had done gears and I heard nothing but whine,whine,whine - so I started to wonder if something had changed...

But it seems the whining was just vsop....

He said something about a woman calling out his name in another thread - I gather it was to tell him to get off her husband... ;-)

You are an intelligent man. I respect you with that kind of thinking..who really cares if you can wrench now.... (I am still laughing...I can not wait to show this to my wife... so funny.... hahaha)

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are an intelligent man. I respect you with that kind of thinking..who really cares if you can wrench now.... (I am still laughing...I can not wait to show this to my wife... so funny.... hahaha)
Happy to help - I can turn a wrench, but sometimes I run into trouble with which direction and/or how hard ;-) - as demonstrated in one of my other threads:

Attachments

• nut.jpg
    nut.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 8
  • stud.jpg
    stud.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 10
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 8

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Happy to help - I can turn a wrench, but sometimes I run into trouble with which direction and/or how hard ;-) - as demonstrated in one of my other threads:

yeah I read that! Did Joe send you one or did you have to buy a whole darn set?

I'd run it on four! hahaha

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah I read that! Did Joe send you one or did you have to buy a whole darn set?
I'd run it on four! hahaha
Wanna hear the sad part? I wasn't using an air/electric impact wrench - either to get it stuck, or to break it off...

I had studs around - that wasn't a problem...

In my defense, it really did not feel cross threaded until the moment it stopped moving... Though it was late/early...

Last edited:

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wanna hear the sad part? I wasn't using an air/electric impact wrench - either to get it stuck, or to break it off...

I had studs around - that wasn't a problem...

In my defense, it really did not feel cross threaded until the moment it stopped moving... Though it was late/early...

Don't feel bad! I did the same thing just before I changed to 3" studs on one of my rear studs. Cheap ass factory parts!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha, we were changing ball joints on our HUMMVE and the machanic told me to just tighten the bolts as tight as I could get them, he ammended his instructions to me 3 broken bolts later.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back