Georgia Blood Mountain Cruise April 30th roll..

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Take pictures! I hope you all have a great time.

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
i called and texted mike and corey but no answer.. justin or daniel you really need to convince corey to come.

horseplay

forum member
Reaction score
Invited a buddy who has a Challenger. He is supposed to let me know tonight. Also, does anyone know if there was any/much damage from the tornadoes in the area we will be going? It would suck to get up there and the roads or park be closed.
Daniel,

I tried to find out, but the only thing I know for sure , 100+ roads closed in the Rabun County area which is northeast of the area for the cruise. I know there was multiple tornado warnings in the area the other night.

I may or may not see you guys tomorrow, might have a change of plans over night tonight regarding the damage over in Alabama. Seems the marina where my boat is, got slammed pretty hard, I may have to go over and check her out. Waiting on a call back now from someone over there.

horseplay

forum member
Reaction score
BTW,

If you guys goto Kurgan's afterwards be aware that there is a big event at Road Atlanta which is 1/4 mile from Bob's shop, likely to be lots of traffic and I know plenty of people will try to park in the industrial park around Kurgans as well.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Johnny. I hope you can join us but if not, we understand.

Nav, I just spoke with Corey and he said he is going.

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
we'll be at the shop from probably 9am-2pm... lots of parking and there was no traffic today... hope to see ya

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
FYI http://www.whitecountynewstelegraph.com/articles/2011/04/28/breaking_news/bnews01.txt

Says alot of trees are down between Turners corner and Blood Mtn on 129. Making me rethink this as of now! Still heading to Helen in the morning just don't know if I am going to play in the mountains now.

Well that sucks. What do you guys think? Alternate route? Anywhere else we could go? I really don't want to drive all the way up there and not be able to drive the roads we want.

donatiohseven

forum member
Reaction score
uh idk lol

heres my number

678 481 4670

call/text me when yall leave the varsity

im hopping on 400 at hwy 53

donatiohseven

forum member
Reaction score
but during clean up the first thing they are going to do is clean the roads so im guessing they will be ok.

donatiohseven

forum member
Reaction score
just searching google doesent say anythign about 129 being closed. its always on google when there are rock slides and whatnot. so im guessig its good !!!
said the area got hit hard but nothing about the roads

horseplay

forum member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. What do you guys think? Alternate route? Anywhere else we could go? I really don't want to drive all the way up there and not be able to drive the roads we want.
Its always worth a shot, thats the only article I could find for that area that talked about the roads. You could always do that, then run Wolf Pen then make a right on 60 in Suches, run it until Blue Ridge and then come back down 60 thru Dahlonega.

I'm just going to get up and play it by ear in the morning, I may even be up in the area earlier than y'all, if thats the case Daniel I will call or text you if I see anything bad on the roads on 129.

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
What's the problem?? If there's trees down ill be the first to go! Ill ram them with my car and the rest of you get by!! Then we will all tandem(however you spell it) drift all the way up the mountian!! It'll be epic!!

Last edited:

horseplay

forum member
Reaction score
What's the problem?? If there's trees down ill be the first to go! Ill ram them with my car and the rest of you get by!! Then we will all taydem(however you spell it) drift all the way up the mountian!! It'll be epic!!
I have witnessed some ricer drift on that mountain before!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back