Going Whipple

Nick

Reaction score
First off thanks are in order to everyone that replied to my previous thread.

I do have a quick question though; should I try the included tune or have it deleted from the package. The ease of having everything included together combined with a lower total cost (if the included tune works out)is motivating me to try my luck and go with the included tune (which from my reading is a coinflip- on one side the tune is near perfect, on the other it is lean).

If you think I should delete the whipple tune, I have another question for you. Do you know where I could get a safe tune that would allow me to drive to a dyno (I am installing myself and need something to get me from my house to a tuner).

X

xvesnfpu

The tune included with the Whipple is part of the package price as far as I know. When you receive your Whipple, you'll also receive a voucher for a Ford calibration tool that will be tuned for your supercharger and vehicle. Given all the shopping around I did for my Whipple, I never saw anything that suggested the calibration tool was optional. I received the Ford Racing calibration/reflash tool the day after ordering, not sure if it made a difference that I was only down the road from Livonia, MI where they create the calibration tool.

While the tune may or may not be perfect (I wouldn't know), it certainly is made for your vehicle specifically, so it would only seem plausible that you could install the tune and drive to wherever you plan to perform your dyno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back