Got a rattling in the rear quarter panels.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
The hanger hitting the frame is a different kind of rattle. Sounds like morse code and it's a very annoying buzz kind. I dealth with that a long time ago.

This was more of a metal slap, which I think I have finally solved it with going back to the OEM bushing.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Describing noises and vibrations can be difficult. Since it was in the general area thought I'd mention it.

Glad you got it sorted out.

760Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Is anybody still having issues with a rogue noise? And if anybody else can chime in with what actually fixed the noise, I'd assume many people would appreciate knowing some solutions.

Now I know not all of our noises are the same, but I'm hoping at least one person had the same sound I'm currently am plagued by. My noise is coming from the passenger rear quarter panel, seemingly in the immediate defroster area of the C pillar. I've isolated a great portion of that area, including the speaker wires, parcel shelf, seatbelt, seatbelt mechanism, seat latching mechanisms, all trim, hood liner, and I'm just about out of ideas.

The sound itself sounds like somebody is holding a marble and hitting the C pillar with it from the inside. It usually happens over slightly bumpy roads, but not smooth or very bumpy ones. I'll post a video when I'm home that demonstrates the sound my ears are being murdered by.

760Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
If you didn't notice, I posted in that thread you had linked to. I've had the noise from the shock moving around and that's why I posted in that thread, but that's definitely not the sound I'm hearing now.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Is anybody still having issues with a rogue noise? And if anybody else can chime in with what actually fixed the noise, I'd assume many people would appreciate knowing some solutions.

Now I know not all of our noises are the same, but I'm hoping at least one person had the same sound I'm currently am plagued by. My noise is coming from the passenger rear quarter panel, seemingly in the immediate defroster area of the C pillar. I've isolated a great portion of that area, including the speaker wires, parcel shelf, seatbelt, seatbelt mechanism, seat latching mechanisms, all trim, hood liner, and I'm just about out of ideas.

The sound itself sounds like somebody is holding a marble and hitting the C pillar with it from the inside. It usually happens over slightly bumpy roads, but not smooth or very bumpy ones. I'll post a video when I'm home that demonstrates the sound my ears are being murdered by.

May be a good time to go to MCM Electronics and purchase an inspection camera. Here a link for one for $75.00 Could also be useful for other things as well. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/74-430

I assume you could see up inside the pillar with it between the trim and outer sheet metal. But then again I'm not a auto body expert.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back