gt500 vs CS rear bumper.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Whats the difference? is it the painted section? from what I can tell the gt500 has black along the entire bottom but on the CS the sides on the bottom are painted? Im asking because there is a price difference on Tasca. (about $50 more for the gt500) I tried searching but it sucks on my phone and I couldnt find anything.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the difference? is it the painted section? from what I can tell the gt500 has black along the entire bottom but on the CS the sides on the bottom are painted? Im asking because there is a price difference on Tasca. (about $50 more for the gt500) I tried searching but it sucks on my phone and I couldnt find anything.

You got it, they're both black between the tail pipes, but the gt500 is black wrapping up to rear wheels whereas CS is painted there (think it starts about an inch from outside of tail pipes). Also if memory serves correctly the black comes pre-done, just need to add body color to rest of bumper

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
CS = $248.02

GT500 = $302.14

Then you can use the 5% discount code they gave us plus shipping. This is on the Tasca site.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score

Thats the reason I ask. Not sure if the bumper can be saved or not. Where the paint is spidering the plastic seems to have bubbled up a bit.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I dunno, the whole thing is raised a good quarter inch. Its impossible to see from the pics though. I don't have the cash to spend on the new bumper if its not going to need it anyways. I can justify spending the extra 50-75 or so to upgade if its going to be replaced anyways though.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I think they can fix that with no problem. I know a guy with a crack in his front bumper cover and the body shop said it could be fixed.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
I just got a CS bumper. They actually look the same as a Shelby. The CS bumper can also be left in painted like the Shelby and will have that rough finish. It's just u wanted painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I assume that's for a unpainted bumper? I'd look myself but Tousley and Tasca part sites are down ATT.

yes, unpainted.

I just got a CS bumper. They actually look the same as a Shelby. The CS bumper can also be left in painted like the Shelby and will have that rough finish. It's just u wanted painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what about the area directly behind the tire? is that smooth or textured?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
This is what credit cards are made for. Fix it the way you want it and give yourself an early Christmas present. You can have it paid off in a couple months easy.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Take this opportunity to get the CS bumper. You'll be much happier with having to do the repair in the long run if you upgrade it now. I always hate just getting it back to stock, always want to upgrade during a repair.

When I got rear ended, I had about the same amount of damage but you can bet I got a whole new painted CS rear bumper, and since I did the install myself, had enough cash left over from the insurance to buy a garage door opener for my 'Stang. Make lemonaide out of lemons.

The damage

Before

After

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back