Hoosier Pro Street Radial 29x12.5R-15LT on a 2010 GT500 Coupe?

3rdFerguson

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ive done a bunch of searching but I’m not finding anything concrete on what I’m looking for an answer on.

What would it take to run these tires on a 2010 GT500 coupe? I want to make them fit with no rubbing issues with as little permanent modifications as possible. I like the fact that they are a 29” street legal highway tire. I like the look and feel they should put the power of a 2.65 TVS down well.

The car is factory now but here are the mods list I’ve put together so far:
Season 1
Rear Axle (BMR Watts Link, LCA, UCA, LCA relocation kit, Pan hard bar, pinning rear axel, 3.91s), Driveshaft with safety loops, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Passenger Side Oil Separator
Season 2
VMP Gen3R Blower Kit, Boost-a-pump, Tuner, Shelby American Competition Heat Exchanger, 170 Degree Thermostat, 13-14 fans, 15” Drag Rims and tires

I’ll replace the clutch when it goes.

I’m thinking this should get me to 650-700whp and ~10.5 around 130mph on the track with roughly a 4100lb race weight. I want the tune to be as conservative as possible and I don’t think I’d want much more than 15psi on 93 octane.

I want this to hook up on the street, as much as possible(traffic light sprints, WOT etc.), on a true street tire that can do some distance on the highway.

I know the rear wheels will need to be centered in the wheel wells with adjustable control arms. I’m also thinking a watts link setup would be beneficial to try to prevent twist.

Ive read about issues with larger tires tearing at rocker panels, getting cut on the fenders, and rubbing the plastic wheel well liners.

So how could these tires be fit? Is rolling the fenders going to be mandatory? Could the rear end be jacked up to accommodate the tires without rolling or cutting??

For quick reference, the tires overall diameter is 29.1” with a 13” section width. Planning to run them on 15”x10.5” rims. What would the best backspacing be? I’m thinking 7.25 to 7.5 from what I’ve read in searches.

Lastly, are the wheel wells any bigger in the 2010-14 cars over the 07-09s? I’m guessing not but thought it would be worth asking.

Does this seem reasonably doable? Are there any other true street tires with as much sidewall that would fit more easily?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

07 Boss

Reaction score
Pictured below is the Hoosier QTP in a 28x11.5 on a 15" racestar with Cobra Jet RA springs. It looks like there would be enough room to go 1/2" in all directions without any issues. My street tire is 28.8" tall with no issues.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I see you listed a Watts link and a Panhard bar. You would run one or the other but not both. I think the Watts link is superior. Just my opinion. Street traction at 650 HP? Good luck with that.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back