has anyone ever installed steering rack limiters before?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever installed steering rack limiters before?

i need to put these things in so i can stop my front rims from hitting the BMR A-Arms on extreme turns. ive knocked all of the weights off of one rim already.

they look like they just snap on but for the life of me io have no idea where they go. a pic would be helpful as well. thanks

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nevermind i found the info i need. ill leave the thread here for future reference

Qwkcoupe
Usually with really wide tires you have to have to install Steering Rack Limiters. Fox body mustangs had these on many of the GT model, where as the narrow tire 4 and 6 bangers did not.

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...idproduct=1333

a) Take the boot off of the end of the rack (slide it off).
b) Install 1,2,3 amount of limiters as needed to keep the tires from hitting the frame.
c) Slide the boot back on and resecure the boot onto the rack with the correct ford stainless strap and tool (sorry I don't remember what parts are correct. I used stainless steel zip ties.)
note-slidding the boot off does not require removing the tie rod end, only slidding the boot along the tie rod shaft.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
those were perfect instructions. i slipped 1 rack limiter on each side. i will see how it is tomorrow and if the rims still hit the a-arms. if they do, ill install the second set i ordered. if not its fixed haha

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice thread Ron. You executed Question, Answer, and Conclusion single handedly. Bravo :D

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. im pretty proud of myself

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back