Help with identification of cams

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by slackinoff, Feb 4, 2020.

1. slackinoff

slackinoff Senior Member S197 Team Member

Thanks for all the help here the past week. For real, y'all are awesome.

I am having a heck of a time identifying these cams for my tuner to build me a tune. I bought this used 2010 3v engine from a junkyard thinking it was stock. Pretty sure these cams are not stock as they look very different from my old 08 engine.

Each one of the pair has it's own code stamp. I have rotated the engine over a few times to get a full 360 view of the cams and the only codes I see are P134147 on the passenger side and P234012 on the driver side. Used a mirror to check the ends facing the back of the car, nothing there. They also have two paint marks. See pictures.

Valve springs have a yellow paint strip on them, not sure if stockers do?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

I'd suggest calling Comp Cams and ask them if those numbers are theirs

slackinoff likes this.
  3. slackinoff

slackinoff Senior Member S197 Team Member

That's a good idea! What other brands could I call?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

Texas Speed, Lunati, Brenspeed, CMS

5. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

only Lunati actually grinds cams as far as I know?

slackinoff likes this.
  6. RED09GT

RED09GT Senior Member S197 Team Member

The stock valvespring have a yellow stripe like that so I am pretty sure those are stock. If I recall, my cams have 2 flat sections on the base circle between 2 of the lobes on cylinders #2 and #6 so that they can be held with a thin jawed wrench. I don't believe my stock cams have that but my Bullett racing (ground by comp) do. Look to see if you have anything like that.
    Almost all cams ground by comp have the cam series (127) and the lobe number inscribed on the back of the cams. It will look like it is done by hand.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    slackinoff likes this.