Hood paint chips

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone else have problems with horrible chipping happening on their hood? Does't seem like the paint bonds really well to the aluminum.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
another +1 for Dr. Colorchip. Probably one of the most user friendly systems out there. The color match is fantastic too

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
^watch the videos online of the doc demonstrating the kit. You'll get an idea of technique and what to look for.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Dr. Colorchip to fix, clear bra if you can after, then apply a nano coating. Chips go way down with just the coating.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think my hope is at some point to get an aftermarket hood. I'm thinking the prep prior to painting on my hood was crappy at best given the number of chips I have and most aren't even on the front lip. Maybe I'll just put down black vinyl.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Dr. Colorchip to fix, clear bra if you can after, then apply a nano coating. Chips go way down with just the coating.

And try not to follow so close to people. I'm emphatic about keeping a safe distance from the car in front of me just for that reason. I never have a problem with paint chips on the front of any of my vehicles.

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
Aftermarket hood !! I've got about 3 chips in my somewhat freshly painted hood. I plan on spraying it again after I take my cross country trip IF I discover one more paint chip lol.. But go aftermarket in case you decide to paint. Might as well.. You will end up painting the new hood anyways and it's always a good mod.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back