How to Identify engine

Ram93

Reaction score
So I bought a used 2005 mustang gt a while back and I replaced the motor mount and bracket this week . On the passenger side of the engine bracket 1 bolt is off by 1 inch from center to center. I emailed BMR and they asked if it's a 5.4L engine block. Does anyone know how to identify the engine block or the engine vin bumper location? Thanks

20230826_080310.jpg

JC SSP

Reaction score
Drill the block? Might be a water jacket in that area...

I suggest get the right part which fits correctly.

bambam 06

Reaction score
Drill the block? Might be a water jacket in that area...

I suggest get the right part which fits correctly.
I said to re-drill the engine mount (enlarge the hole enough so the bolt will fit)

JC SSP

Reaction score
Ok if the enlarged bracket hole allows enough clamping force on the threads in the block sure...

I would still figure out what engine is in it.... he's going to need that info for future repairs & maintenance.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Judging by the rust on the block, it has to be cast iron so it definitely isn't original to the car. If the original 05 GT stock intake manifold is mounted on top, it's likely to be a 4.6 2V iron block.

Ram93

Reaction score
Judging by the rust on the block, it has to be cast iron so it definitely isn't original to the car. If the original 05 GT stock intake manifold is mounted on top, it's likely to be a 4.6 2V iron block.
I replaced it with a Ford performance intake manifold
I installed a Ford performance intake manifold ment for the 4.6 l 3v but on the description it says that it fits on a 5.0L .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back