I have searched and cant find...

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I am about to start my jba longtube install with off road H pipe. I am getting some stage 8 bolts, but my question is about 02 extensions. How many and How long? I want to hook them all up even though the rears are turned off and I cant see how the fronts will reach at all without extensions. Some say you dont need them on the front. I cant seem to find a solid answer.

Hollywood

The Wood
Reaction score
i actually just did the exact same set up on my car. i didnt hook up the rears but ull need some lengthy ones to reach back to where jba puts them. lethal sells the 24" ones and should b good. the fronts, i had a set of those 24" ones and used them there, a buddy of mine did that part of the install so as far as slack i couldnt tell ya how much if any. but im sure u will need exts for them

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I will need 4 if I want them all hooked up. Hollywood....I take it you just put the rear sensors in the bungs without hooking them up. How is the sound? I have a off road x on with my flowmasters and it sounds like crap. Plus it is a little loud. I am hoping the sound improves with this setup.

bullitt5244

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed jba's (lt's) and the h pipe (off road) with flowmaster's and it still sounds very raspy, i am going to put stock mufflers back on, from what i have researched they seem to sound the best with that setup.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously! My car came with the flowmasters...so I dont have the stockers to put back on. Was thinking of adding resonators if the sound was too loud. This xpipe is extremely raspy at certain rpms and it sounds like a tin can or something. What do you think of any added HP or seat of the pants feel? Worth it?

bullitt5244

forum member
Reaction score
Seat of pants it was def worth it, but i also have bbr stage 2 cams. Def would recommend the headers as well as the percy split lock header bolts.

Hollywood

The Wood
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I will need 4 if I want them all hooked up. Hollywood....I take it you just put the rear sensors in the bungs without hooking them up. How is the sound? I have a off road x on with my flowmasters and it sounds like crap. Plus it is a little loud. I am hoping the sound improves with this setup.

yes thats what i did. with an o/r X ull want a flow through muffler instead of the chambered one like the flowmaster. i personally have corsas on mine, and have had em with an o/r x and now the h. so at idle its almsot as quiet as stock... when u get on it, its loud as he**! a lil raspy/tin canny at times but i love it.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Thought about trying to see if my original cats could be spliced in. Maybe that would eliminate the raspiness and I have heard the oe cats flow pretty good. Figure i will put the longtubes on and see how she sounds and go from there. Maybe I should just get rid of the chambered flows.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Thought about trying to see if my original cats could be spliced in. Maybe that would eliminate the raspiness and I have heard the oe cats flow pretty good. Figure i will put the longtubes on and see how she sounds and go from there. Maybe I should just get rid of the chambered flows.

That is the best solution IMO. If you do not like the sound of the Flowmasters with o/r h, I would keep them and splice in cats to save a few hundred bucks that you won't if you change mufflers.

Maybe you should get aftermarket cats though, because this is what the stockers look like inside:

STOCKCAT.jpg

That does sound really good !! W/O the cats raspy as hell !!

I hate rasp, which is why I'm telling my dad to go with a catted h-pipe when he gets LT's for our car(which has Flowmasters). ;)

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why not just cut the wires and lengthen them yourself?
Do not cut them I believe the wires are oxygen filled and will throw a code and you will need new sensors, I used three extensions on mine. It is worth it to get the extensions and do it right.

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is what a local shop told me. Mine immediately threw a code when I spliced them. I figured it was because of resistance reason from different wires, but I dunno. I just bought the extensions and new o2s and marked it as a learning experience.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I believe when people refer to extending the wires they mean extending the harness wires that the sensors clip into. That is what I have heard. Anyone know who makes a good aftermarket cat?

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
I believe when people refer to extending the wires they mean extending the harness wires that the sensors clip into. That is what I have heard. Anyone know who makes a good aftermarket cat?

Random Technology Super High Flow Catalytic Converters are among the best quality that provide great performance. I think you want part #141-25000 that weld-in to 2-1/2" off-road H- and X- pipes. They're not the cheapest aftermarket Metallic Converters on the market, but many consider them among the best. I run them on my dedicated track car. I believe they cost $225 each.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back