Idle is off. Need help

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
He we go now

so you messed with the stock airbox, the part on the bottom right corner of this pic.

2011-Mustang-GT-5.0-engine1.jpg

put down the tools, do not pick them up again...... please

Lmao^^^

Last edited by a moderator:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Guys, easy! I can see how this happened since the mufflers are on the BACK of the car and the Intake is on the FRONT of the car. Easy to mix up. We've all been guilty of putting our mufflers under the hood where the intake goes in a state of confusion when reassembling the intake after cleaning.

:thanks:thud: Please move to 4.6 Tech section. Things like this never happen to 5.0 owners I assure you.:crazy:

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Guys, easy! I can see how this happened since the mufflers are on the BACK of the car and the Intake is on the FRONT of the car. Easy to mix up. We've all been guilty of putting our mufflers under the hood where the intake goes in a state of confusion when reassembling the intake after cleaning.

:thanks:thud: Please move to 4.6 Tech section. Things like this never happen to 5.0 owners I assure you.:crazy:

Hhaha harsh :soapbox:

Blakstang

Reaction score
Haha ok ok I got it. When I was messing with the mufflers, I was checking other things on my car. Little mistake, I learned from it. I'm not an expert and none of you all were either when you started. My car is fine also

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
well you said you ONLY messed with the exhaust and then your idle messed up, obviously the full story wasnt posted so shit talking will occur on this site.
if its something like undoing plugs/intake and then reconnecting, you better go over again before you ask something stupid :p

Blakstang

Reaction score
I thought you guys were on here to help and talk about mustangs. Not to criticize beginners. I understand that I should have said something about me checking the filter. I apologize for that.

ochoblanco

Slow 4v Member
Reaction score
I thought you guys were on here to help and talk about mustangs. Not to criticize beginners. I understand that I should have said something about me checking the filter. I apologize for that.

You will find that most everyone will try their best to help you...but a little hating on a noob isn't unexpected.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score

What do you expect?

You come on here saying you ONLY messed with the mufflers and now you have an idle problem.....then come to find out you messed with the intake.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
These people do help. Alot
Some have no problem giving their phone # to talk through an installation.
Or even help wrench.
But if you expect to be spoon fed around here just logout and don't come back. They don't deal with half stories or bullshit.
I'm an easier going one so goodluck

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

You got help, then u opened yourself up looking the fool, so u got shit for it.

This forum is not for the thin skinned. Get use to it or this is not the place for you. :beerchug2:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
this site is just too god dman funny. the world doesn't need comedians just more dumbasses with cars and tools and car guys that know what the fuck they're doing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back