Idle Issue 2011 5.0

Failborne

Reaction score
So I Have the Boss IM, Accufab TB, JLT CAI, BBK LT's with O/R X. So I read a thread after I stalled my tune and parts for reseting my car so it could relearn the idle. DId that 5 days ago and she has been ideling rough but not bad, boucing from 700-900ish Rpms. Well i had some wheels and tires put on and ever since she has been ideling rough and sometimes stalling out, between 500 then jumping to 1000 then falling back down. I have DTC code P0155 which reads as a heater code for B2S1 O2 Sensor. I had an issue getting that connector to reach so i used that extension but was informed they dont always run correctly so im getting a new sensor that is a little bit longer. My B1 wideband O2 sensor is running fine. can this be the issue to my idle issues? If not then what are some options. Thanks in advance - Kris

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For the sensor you have to unclip it from the transmission and it will reach. NEVER use the extension harnesses. Bad things have happened to people that use the extensions. Once that is fixed reinstall your tune and do an idle relearn.

Failborne

Reaction score
So you think its from only one wideband or upstream O2 sensor? From what i could tell ( I have big hands and arms hard to get on top of tranny) it was disconnected from the tranny, the passenger side has plenty of room. I was also told that I could use the Ford Raptor Upstream o2 sensor but that guys is almost 100$ more then the ones for the mustang from what im seeing online and thats not too appealing.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its from the extensions not being connected completely. Its a known problem. Thats why i recommended you unclipping from the trans.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The primary Oxygen Sensors are for driveability. If one of them is not sending correct data to the computer it can't compensate correctly. Eliminate the harness and see what happens.

chuck@evoperform

Boss surgeon
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You should be able to reach and unclip the harness to get it to relax. Im kinda big myself(6'7" and 280), and its a bit tough but easily doable. Probably the easiest way is to remove the battery and tray so you can get to the clip. Get rid of that extension. It will cause nothing but problems

GT-Bill

Reaction score
Where are you getting a sensor that is a little bit longer?

Failborne

Reaction score
You should be able to reach and unclip the harness to get it to relax. Im kinda big myself(6'7" and 280), and its a bit tough but easily doable. Probably the easiest way is to remove the battery and tray so you can get to the clip. Get rid of that extension. It will cause nothing but problems

Well you sir are a genius it was zip tied on top, perfect view once battery was out. Thank you very much.

Failborne

Reaction score
Well both O2 sensors are running fine, still have very rough idle...twice today it has stalled the engine once sitting at a light the other when I was slowing down. When I'm letting her warm up sometimes I'm hearing what I think is a small popping noise out the back of the car but the engine sounds fine. A buddy thought it might have been a misfire when he was listening to it, but the engine pulls hard and smooth through the rpms? I did a few data logs once I figure how to pull them and post them I will so the smarter folks can hopefully help me out

GT-Bill

Reaction score
Mods

I have all the same mods as you the only difference being I have a BBK TB. I haven't had any issues with idling at all.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back