I'm disapointed and let down.

05 S197

Reaction score
Im going threw the same thing with BBR, I orderd a SCT tuner along with underdrive pulleys, I loaded the tune and the car ran like crap, it would not idle and ran lean on bank 1 and 2. I called to only get the "we are busy" song. Turns out there tuner is out of town at a car show mean while guys are waiting for there tunes. Your lucky JDM is responding to you only thing I get is we will get around to it, it sucks.

BubbaRATM

bottle fed baby
Reaction score
Im going threw the same thing with BBR, I orderd a SCT tuner along with underdrive pulleys, I loaded the tune and the car ran like crap, it would not idle and ran lean on bank 1 and 2. I called to only get the "we are busy" song. Turns out there tuner is out of town at a car show mean while guys are waiting for there tunes. Your lucky JDM is responding to you only thing I get is we will get around to it, it sucks.

weird, i have never had any problems with bbr.

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Jeff,

Because you switched from Auto back to stick shift your tuner was still vin locked to the automatic computer code. Thats why we had to switch to an Xcal 3. There was nothing wrong with your tuner except it had to be sent back to SCT to be unlocked. The only reason for the new tuner was so you could be tuned that day. I explained this to you while you were here, sorry if you thought it was broken, it certainly was not it was just locked to the old computer.

Jim@JDM

Lets RECAP HERE !!!!!!

1. "Because you switched from Auto back to stick shift your tuner was still vin locked to the automatic computer code"

No jim it was not the issue. It was changed from an auto to manual in JANUARY...you had these issues in SEPTEMBER. I had email tunes from you to get it running as an manual, Then it went to DEZ racing, but i wasn't happy with the tune, and i brought it to you, It had YOUR MANUAL TUNE in it when i brought it there.... and over 1200 miles since the auto to manual swap....

2. "Thats why we had to switch to an Xcal 3"

Then why did i pay you $400 and get a used SCT XCAL2 with no box, or paperwork???

3. "There was nothing wrong with your tuner except it had to be sent back to SCT to be unlocked"

Really....So what was with the story you laid on me about it being a hardware issue, and the SCT was only letting half the files down load......

Im tired of the bull shit, and sick of seeing a year later that people still have the same issues.

Why dont you move to texas, and get the hell out of new england!!!

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Thats where Sr.s house is, and supposedly building a shop some where. You guys can have em

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lets RECAP HERE !!!!!!

1. "Because you switched from Auto back to stick shift your tuner was still vin locked to the automatic computer code"

No jim it was not the issue. It was changed from an auto to manual in JANUARY...you had these issues in SEPTEMBER. I had email tunes from you to get it running as an manual, Then it went to DEZ racing, but i wasn't happy with the tune, and i brought it to you, It had YOUR MANUAL TUNE in it when i brought it there.... and over 1200 miles since the auto to manual swap....

2. "Thats why we had to switch to an Xcal 3"

Then why did i pay you $400 and get a used SCT XCAL2 with no box, or paperwork???

3. "There was nothing wrong with your tuner except it had to be sent back to SCT to be unlocked"

Really....So what was with the story you laid on me about it being a hardware issue, and the SCT was only letting half the files down load......

Im tired of the bull shit, and sick of seeing a year later that people still have the same issues.

Why dont you move to texas, and get the hell out of new england!!!

Where did this even come from, your last post you were happy with the way things worked out after you spoke to my father. What are you now 6 months later upset about? We aren't in New England we are in New Jersey man, I would never live there being so close to Patriots and Red sox fans lol!! GO YANKEES GO GIANTS!!!! And hopefully my father is moving to Texas soon he loves it there and has a very, very large customer base.

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
because i was trying to be the nice guy before and be understanding, 6 months later, after you were upping staff and making changes, people are still not getting there tunes. Im not sugar coating any thing any more, im putting out my experience, no BS.

It is what it is. Rise to the challenge, treat customers better.....you keep saying its changing, SHOW US!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
because i was trying to be the nice guy before and be understanding, 6 months later, after you were upping staff and making changes, people are still not getting there tunes. Im not sugar coating any thing any more, im putting out my experience, no BS.

It is what it is. Rise to the challenge, treat customers better.....you keep saying its changing, SHOW US!!!

I didnt say anything is changing, with the economy like it is and the lack of good help has kept us upping our staff. We try every day to improve our company that is a fact but when it comes to wait time for a tune my father is only one person so there is always going to be a wait. Custom tunes aren't "on Demand" they have to be built. I have thousands of very happy and satisfied customers there is always going to be a few guys upset for one reason or another but all I can do is try my best and same goes for the company, we try our best.

2006BlackGT

Cover 3,000
Reaction score
I didnt say anything is changing, with the economy like it is and the lack of good help has kept us upping our staff. We try every day to improve our company that is a fact but when it comes to wait time for a tune my father is only one person so there is always going to be a wait. Custom tunes aren't "on Demand" they have to be built. I have thousands of very happy and satisfied customers there is always going to be a few guys upset for one reason or another but all I can do is try my best and same goes for the company, we try our best.

I am a happy customer and need to get in for a dyno tune after I install a few additional mods for a tune update. Best automatic tune for a saleen with hot rod cams. YOu and your father have always helped, even when I called from the track for assistance on my tune while racing.

Thanks,

Greg

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Come to Texas
I'll be your huckleberry lol

NJBoss

Reaction score
Guess I better get my tune before they close shop and move to Texas

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guess I better get my tune before they close shop and move to Texas

Lol that will be sometime, we aren't 100% sure of the plans on when he will open a shop in houston but that is my fathers end goal.

Call me whenever you want about a tuner, we can take care of you right away! Your car would benifit from a tune and a nice cold air intake as well!

My number is 732-780-0770 or email [email protected]

Jim D'Amore III

NJBoss

Reaction score
Iam
very happy with the car, as is

BUT,

I'd like to put a couple K's miles on this bitch in case of any warranty concerns

Have heard nothing but GREAT things about your dads tuning abilities.
I even had the pleasure of making a few passes in a JDM tuned Lightning

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back