Installing racing seats and use factory sensors

cop on my back

forum member
Reaction score
So I am in the process of installing some racing seats in my 05. I am using the factory rails and making some adaptor plates for the new seats. Quesion I have is what is the large sensor under the passenger seat? I don't have air bags in my seats and the passenger side is non power. I know there is one sensor for sensing the weight of the person and to turn the air bag off or on, but not sure on the other.

What have those of you that have installed racing seats done to keep the air bag light from flashing?

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
pull the air bag fuse in the SJB ( if race only)

Last edited:

remainvayne

Reaction score
I put some Corbeaus in my 2005 last year and I think you're referring to the passenger's airbag bladder? When I installed my seats, all I did was disconnect the harnesses from the stock seats and reconnect everything under the Corbeaus. All appears to be fine EXCEPT I would not recommend allowing a small child to ride in the passenger seat because the bladder won't be activated properly (i.e. it won't disable the airbag by sensing a smaller weight person (child) is sitting in the seat).

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
In my 2010 I pulled the air switch from the stock seat and put it in my Recaro. Moved all the other sensors and put the airbag test modules on the airbag plugs and everything is working like stock. Of course no airbags in my Recaros.

cop on my back

forum member
Reaction score
I put some Corbeaus in my 2005 last year and I think you're referring to the passenger's airbag bladder? When I installed my seats, all I did was disconnect the harnesses from the stock seats and reconnect everything under the Corbeaus. All appears to be fine EXCEPT I would not recommend allowing a small child to ride in the passenger seat because the bladder won't be activated properly (i.e. it won't disable the airbag by sensing a smaller weight person (child) is sitting in the seat).

No, not the air bag bladder, I know what that is and will try to get in in the new seat. There is a black module of some sort that is rivited to the seat frame, not sure what that one is.

remainvayne

Reaction score
HMMMM, I'm not sure exactly what it is either. However, I'm positive that every sensor that was under/riveted onto the seat was transferred over to my Corbeau. I remember taking that sensor off the stock passenger seat, reconnecting it, and throwing it under my Corbeau passenger seat and haven't noticed anything -- good or bad -- yet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back