Is it possible to give an s197 this stance

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
Dread53-
I agree with you. I think that because of our solid rear axle, and other things getting our S197 to sit like that can be done but will make the car useless.
I am still going to try and lower my car a bit more but I will never throw out functionality for looks.
Air bags can work and I am assuming thats what the black Mustang above has but the added weight is not an option for me. I am trying to build a fast N/A car and everyone that has tried to do so knows that weight is the number one enemy.

The only Mustangs I have ever seen with that stance is the Termis, and I am sure its because of their IRS.

Maybe a Termi is what I need.lol.

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
Each their own, but i have stock suspension, Long tube headers and the cervini body kit. I scrape all the time and I live in the city.

But this isnt my daily driver so I dont give a Fu3k if it scrapes here and there.

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I think the best way to get that low would be with a quality set of coilovers, just like all the hellaflush guys do. I love having my car sitting low, so next up for me will be the steeda adjustable suspension. I'm not sure how low their coilovers exactly can go, but I'm sure it will be sufficient. The good thing is their shocks/struts are tokiko adjustables and you pick the spring rates that you buy. Nothing would be better than being low and still being able to hook up on the street.

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
This will have to do for now.

Cut another coil off the rear.
Before some starts to say "it most ride like shit" let me assure you it does not. I can't even tell the difference.

IMG_1189-1.jpg

IMG_1195-1.jpg

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
your not worried about rubbing the fender?

It does not rub at all.
I had 22mm offset 18x10s in the rear before with 285/40/18s and those rubbed slightly on major dips but they also came out past the fender about 1/4 of an inch. Unlike the 22mm offset set up these tires and wheels fit perfectly flush.
The tires tuck in nicely when cruising.
Thank God for factory rolled fenders.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
You're driving the wrong car.

Anyway I assure you that those slammed cars do not ride or handle well on anything other than a billard table.

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
yo yo yo post yo wide tired slammed mustangs dawg!!!1!

.......opposed to a thin tired raised Mustang? Those look awesome dude! Especially when they have them rad mustang stickers on the side with the horse running.

Last edited:

EscapedGreg

WANA PLY
Reaction score
I love that look and can't wait to see how the Eibach Sportlines look on my 2010 with a set of 20's if not what I'm after then coilovers. I had coilovers on my Lexus and was able to tuck all 4 tires just like in the photos but it had an IRS suspension and the ride was incredible road better than a stock one and thats what people always said when they road with me.

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
This will have to do for now.

Cut another coil off the rear.
Before some starts to say "it most ride like shit" let me assure you it does not. I can't even tell the difference.
The next Coil that gets cut should do a play by play. LOL
This is a photo of a stock 2010 with just Eibach Sportlines on it.
Thats mean lookin with sportlines, I want to try the S Techs myself. They may be lower, but my FRPP springs ride really hard anyway so I prob wont notice any diff.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
You can c notch the back above the axle. To even see if it will get to the hight you want. Pull the springs out set the jack down. Next step break out the sawzaw. Truck guys do that stance every day. My DD ranger tucked lug nuts, and rode good. It as not a drag truck but it did drag a throw sparks. Any thing is possible with the right fab work. Maybe fab a 03 cobra rear end in the car.

esworld05

GHR
Reaction score
Dude ur car looks bad ass like that what springs did u cut and how many coils were cut off I have eibach pro kit by upr but ur stance looks good

anticubicle

Reaction score
i dont like the leveled out look. should keep some of the rake in it.

Couldn't agree more.

The whole tucked and stretched tire look is fine on the german cars and the jap cars but it just doesn't fly on Mustangs. Hell I even cringed when I saw the Vette.

Again, to each their own but I'd sure as hell never take that kind of chance. One nasty pothole and bye bye expensive wheel.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
1.5 and 2.2 i need some 305s or 315s out back I went with the 295 cause I wasn't too sure on how much room I would have but now I know..

Infamous

BMW
Reaction score
this thread makes me want coilovers. i figure i could leave low daily and jack it up when i want to turn a corner or go down the strip.

looks like ill have to measure the incline in my garage and see if i can even make it up the damn thing :(

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back