Is it worth filing a claim?

Solar_Eclipse2

forum member
Reaction score
Someone seems to have brushed/scraped/or otherwise hit my rear bumper. Not serious enough to crack or destroy anything but I noticed my tape stripes are rubbed off/torn and there is a small but noticeable swipe where the paint is gone and I can see the black plastic of the bumper.

I have a $500 deductible. Will it even cost that much for new stripes? Will the insurance just pay for new tape stripes or could I get painted on stripes?

What do you guys think? I tend to baby my car and only drive it in the summer months, garage it in the winter and I'm really bummed about the matter because I intentionally park away from people so this crap doesn't happen.

Reaction score
Sounds like it would be covered under your comprehensive. You sure the deductible is 500?

trbobusa

forum member
Reaction score
need to see pics of the damage, if its minor paint damage and stripe damage prob wont even be 500 to fix it, but again need to see the damage

Solar_Eclipse2

forum member
Reaction score
need to see pics of the damage, if its minor paint damage and stripe damage prob wont even be 500 to fix it, but again need to see the damage

yeah it really is minor. Each tear in the stripes is smaller than a quarter, I think and the scrape off the paint is probably 2 inches max.

It's really a matter of my mild OCD and annoyance getting the best of me.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Insurance company will not declare this as an Comp Claim, but as a Collision Claim... pictures and estimate would be great assessment to determine your claim...

New Jeresy anyway..Comp Claims= Fire, Theft, windshield, act of God, or animal .. if you pick up a car and shake it real hard and whatever falls out is not covered under auto insurance, that would be covered under property insurance..

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Take it back to the same parking lot and put this bullseye on the rear bumper but park the front of the car close to a wall or something. Come back the next day and file Comp claim for new GT500 front clip and rear bumper. lol

Cut and paste:

Bullseye_Logo.291105239_std.jpg

:laughlots:

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
you should be able to get the stripes replaced cheap, it only cost me around 200 to get the whole car striped

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back