Is this a good price?

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, your asking to much in this economy. I have a 2008 cammed GT/CS with roughly 6000miles I will sell for $19,000. I'm putting 330 to the rear wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Oh hell no!!!!!

Mine is an 06 with 13K and lots of exterior and a few performance mods and I can't get $20 for it. And you'll never find one in the condition of mine.

Personally, I'd go with stkjock's car hands down if I was in the market. The thought has even crossed my mind to buy the damn thing if I sold mine.

His car is fucking stacked with all sorts of mods!!!

Zeekmann

Reaction score
Like I said they are going for good $$$ all day long on the lot.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I was trying to sell mine for 23K, but got no takers. Dropped it to 20K and still no takers, but it is the winter and bad weather around here. Now I don't even care if I sell it.

The car would be priced more on a lot, but the thing is, cold hard cash would take the car for probably 2K less than what it's priced on a lot, too.

Every car I've ever bought except 1 that I can think of right off the top of my head, I got for at least 2k off the sticker. My Jeep was priced 7,500 and I got it for 5,500 cash. My GF's Xterra was priced 14,999 and I got if for 12K out the door!!

I'm not saying it's too high to price it at that, but I wouldn't expect to get it out of it too easily.

I know my car would sell on a lot, fast, if it was seen in person by people every day. But it's hard to imagine it's condition and presence from classified adds and craigslist pix

Zeekmann

Reaction score
Shoot me a pm. Might be able to do something for you, I'm in Rocky Mount it looks like we are close If you are on the va/nc line.

I was trying to sell mine for 23K, but got no takers. Dropped it to 20K and still no takers, but it is the winter and bad weather around here. Now I don't even care if I sell it.

The car would be priced more on a lot, but the thing is, cold hard cash would take the car for probably 2K less than what it's priced on a lot, too.

Every car I've ever bought except 1 that I can think of right off the top of my head, I got for at least 2k off the sticker. My Jeep was priced 7,500 and I got it for 5,500 cash. My GF's Xterra was priced 14,999 and I got if for 12K out the door!!

I'm not saying it's too high to price it at that, but I wouldn't expect to get it out of it too easily.

I know my car would sell on a lot, fast, if it was seen in person by people every day. But it's hard to imagine it's condition and presence from classified adds and craigslist pix

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Shoot me a pm. Might be able to do something for you, I'm in Rocky Mount it looks like we are close If you are on the va/nc line.

PM sent. I used to live in Roanoke and am up there all the time. I actually used to work in Rocky Mount at Franklin Memorial in the ER.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Did they tell you they would pay you $21k for your car taking it in on trade for another car or they would write you a check for $21k no matter if you bought a car from them or not?

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
personally on a heavily modified car i would part it out and return to stock you would get more parting it out than you would selling the thing the way it sits

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
They are paying me 21k for the car outright. No trade in needed

Don't want to start a war but I am finding this a little hard to believe. KBB is only like $23k so not much room for them to make any money and the mods add nothing to the normal customer and actually can take away from the value to most. A modded car appeals to even a smaller customer pool so the only way I see them offering you this is if someone at the dealership wants it because it will most likely sit at the dealers lot for a long time. There is a supercharged '08 at a dealer about 100 miles from me. It is right around $18,000 but has 60,000 miles on it. They have had it for like 6 months. If they truely are offering you that much, you better jump on it. Look at the others on here that have very nice cars and can't get that much. GLWS

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Don't want to start a war but I am finding this a little hard to believe. KBB is only like $23k so not much room for them to make any money and the mods add nothing to the normal customer and actually can take away from the value to most. A modded car appeals to even a smaller customer pool so the only way I see them offering you this is if someone at the dealership wants it because it will most likely sit at the dealers lot for a long time. There is a supercharged '08 at a dealer about 100 miles from me. It is right around $18,000 but has 60,000 miles on it. They have had it for like 6 months. If they truely are offering you that much, you better jump on it. Look at the others on here that have very nice cars and can't get that much. GLWS

I agree with you, a used 2011 is not that much more and mods actually make a car harder to sale for most dealers.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I have never seen a dealer offer someone so close to retail value for a car, so you need to quit posting and run down there and do the deal!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back