jeggs off road h pipe

Turk Carmichael

forum member
Reaction score
Okay who else has installed one of these things? I have been talking with them, (maybe I am the retard), but the "H" section does not fit together. The kit is in 2 pieces and the little stubs that come out that need to fit into each other, and then get clamped are only 1" long. The gap between the pipes on my stock "H" is 2 5/8". I might as well put long tubes on for this pain in the ass!

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I have installed the Jeggs pipe. I honestly had no issues, although i was on a lift. I put each section of the pipe into its hanger, attached it to the manifolds, then wiggled them around a little, had to push the sections together pretty good, but they went in.

Where are you located? Im sure its not around me, but somebody might offer to stop by and help.

Turk Carmichael

forum member
Reaction score
I have installed the Jeggs pipe. I honestly had no issues, although i was on a lift. I put each section of the pipe into its hanger, attached it to the manifolds, then wiggled them around a little, had to push the sections together pretty good, but they went in.

Where are you located? Im sure its not around me, but somebody might offer to stop by and help.
Were those little stubs that go together only about an inch long on yours? I had my cousins husband helping me who has done everything under the sun to his 89' fox, plus he is an iron worker (so he is pretty mechanically handy) and he didn't think it was right. If I can even manage to get those pipes together, there will only be about a 1" gap between the pipes that connect to the over the axle section. Like I said, the stock pipe had a 2 5/8" gap. I think I am just gonna take the turd off and sell it...

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Well if it is wrong Jeggs should take care of you, dont take no for an answer. I dont remember exactly, so I'll crawl under the car when i get home to see the size of the "Stubs". Obviously they dont go completely inside of each other, or i could see how it would be a tiny gap.

I'll let you know what i see when I get under there.

BlueByYou

Tuscarora Native American
Reaction score
I just looked at mine for you,i swap back and fourth between my BBK X and Jegs H, mine to has the short 1inch H stubby sections, i also had to take a small die grinder to the inside of the larger pipe in the H to clean up some left over burs so it slips together better. I can send some pic's of mine to your phone if you PM me your number. Your rear section should hook up fine also, i have no clearace issues whatsoever. Let me know if you want pic's, don't scrap it yet,just take your time and massage it alittle. It'll be better if you work on fitting the H together on a bench first instead of fighting it underneath the car.

Last edited:

Turk Carmichael

forum member
Reaction score
Well if it is wrong Jeggs should take care of you, dont take no for an answer. I dont remember exactly, so I'll crawl under the car when i get home to see the size of the "Stubs". Obviously they dont go completely inside of each other, or i could see how it would be a tiny gap.

I'll let you know what i see when I get under there.
I have been talking with Jegs and they have been nice to deal with. They said all of theirs look the same. I just don't understand why they wouldn't make there pipes so they go together exactly like the stock one. I mean would it be that big of a problem to make the H sections 2" rather the 1"? lol. Thanks for the offer but don't go climbing under your car for me, I will mash the thing together one way or another!! lol

Turk Carmichael

forum member
Reaction score
I just looked at mine for you,i swap back and fourth between my BBK X and Jegs H, mine to has the short 1inch H stubby sections, i also had to take a small die grinder to the inside of the larger pipe in the H to clean up some left over burs so it slips together better. I can send some pic's of mine to your phone if you PM me your number. Your rear section should hook up fine also, i have no clearace issues whatsoever. Let me know if you want pic's, don't scrap it yet,just take your time and massage it alittle. It'll be better if you work on fitting the H together on a bench first instead of fighting it underneath the car.
Hey bud, sent you a pm but I got a feeling of what the pics will look like. lol

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I have been talking with Jegs and they have been nice to deal with. They said all of theirs look the same. I just don't understand why they wouldn't make there pipes so they go together exactly like the stock one. I mean would it be that big of a problem to make the H sections 2" rather the 1"? lol. Thanks for the offer but don't go climbing under your car for me, I will mash the thing together one way or another!! lol
Sure? It will only take a sec. I didnt get a chance yesterday because I was at work late, and by the time I got home it was dark. Good luck though, but like Blue said, dont ditch it yet!

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
I had that issue where both section wouldnt fit in each other, i had a exhaust shop. Swell the connections and it fit like a glove.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back