Just got my assignment in Colorado... wondering if any here are in CO

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
So my retraining was approved and now I get to be a space systems operator. I leave Guam June 1...fuckin finally lol, I hate this place... I am headed to Schriever AFB CO just outside Colorado Springs... I have a 4 month tech school at Vandenberg in California almost as soon as I get settled in at Schriever though lol...

I thought I was going to Florida but they swiped that away from me... But, there are far worse places than CO I guess...

Is anyone on here from that area? Or, has anyone been through there? Any tracks? Any decent things to do locally? Anything?

jgendron

Reaction score
Colorado is great!!! I am currently stationed at Schriever AFB. The drive isn't great, but Springs is a very nice place.

DirtyDan

Perpetual Propulsion
Reaction score
Miracle (KB Mustang GT) from these forums is in Colorado I believe. He can tell you where the car groups meet/hangout.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm just up the hill from the Springs (8500 feet EL.) and I love it here.

Things to do in the next 4 months - most will have something to do with snow. It can be 20 or 80 on any given day, and some days it will be both. Last May we got a really cool storm that piled up 24" of heavy wet snow at my house.

I've only been back for a year and spent most of that time on the road, so I really don't know who hangs out where. If you'll be here in June plan on attending the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup in Steamboat Springs, June 17th-19th. Normally 550-600 Mustangs.

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
sounds great i can't wait to get there... i'm excited a hell to leave this God forsaken island

Colorado is great!!! I am currently stationed at Schriever AFB. The drive isn't great, but Springs is a very nice place.

you're at schriever huh? what do you do? I will be in the 3rd Space ops squadron... the drive? how far out from town is the base? i know its a small base with no housing, which i wouldn't wanna live on base anyway

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Unless you wanna drive an hour and a half to Bandimere up past Denver, forget about any type of GOOD drag racing for a car as high powered as yours. Pueblo isn't worth a damn, and they just closed PPIR not too long ago.

And as for meet spots, RIGHT NOW, nothing. But this Spring should pick up a little at the Hub car wash out on Garden of The Gods Rd. There was a weekly saturday meet that was HUGE at one point, 700+ cars, but the land was purchased, and the meets ended at the request of the new owners.

There really isn't much going on here anymore man, nowhere NEAR like it used to be before I deployed in 2008.

Schriever sits out on the eastern part of town, not too far out to be a pain in the ass though. Colorado Springs is nice, it's just that the roads SUCK, the drivers SUCK, and there really isn't much of a car scene here anymore, unless you are into the teenie-bopper Civic and Integra street racing crowd. I hate the Springs now, compared to how it was before I left for Iraq.

Get at me though, I wanna get some pics of your car when you get here. :)

Last edited:

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
Unless you wanna drive an hour and a half to Bandimere up past Denver, forget about any type of GOOD drag racing for a car as high powered as yours. Pueblo isn't worth a damn, and they just closed PPIR not too long ago.

And as for meet spots, RIGHT NOW, nothing. But this Spring should pick up a little at the Hub car wash out on Garden of The Gods Rd. There was a weekly saturday meet that was HUGE at one point, 700+ cars, but the land was purchased, and the meets ended at the request of the new owners.

There really isn't much going on here anymore man, nowhere NEAR like it used to be before I deployed in 2008.

Schriever sits out on the eastern part of town, not too far out to be a pain in the ass though. Colorado Springs is nice, it's just that the roads SUCK, the drivers SUCK, and there really isn't much of a car scene here anymore, unless you are into the teenie-bopper Civic and Integra street racing crowd. I hate the Springs now, compared to how it was before I left for Iraq.

Get at me though, I wanna get some pics of your car when you get here. :)

Will do for sure man. I don't mind driving for a bit to get to a track... I don't need anything big for a hangout.. Hell, a hangout at the house with a BBQ and some Hold'em is good for me haha... Just someone to bullshit about cars with ya know... The drivers and roads can't be any worse than Guam... Everyone here is an old asian lady driving... The island wide speed limit is 35 lol...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back