JVC KW-AVX810 Mulitmedia installed

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After several years with the Shaker eating 5 of my cd's, I finally got around to swapping out the stereo.

I really like this JVC. Sound is MUCH better than the Shaker. While I had the center console out, I painted the two center stack sides with Krylon Fusion paint for plastic, gloss black. Here is something I didn't know, those pieces are already painted. Wiping them down with alcohol to prep them took the beige paint off, and left ugly dirty 'spots' where it stripped off.

They are a bit glossy with the flash on the camera, but a little armorall should help even things out, and they really aren't that gloss without the flash.

Here's a pic, with a Shakira video playing. I can play mpegs in my car, sweet!

DEC08029.jpg

Here is a pic showing the controls with a 'mini me' screen. Controls are pretty straight forward. Yes, I'm military, so have the clock set on 24 hour time.

DEC08039.jpg

Just like Shakira's legs are at an angle, so is the screen. The screen can tilt to several different angles until it is perpindicular to the unit. This is setting One, just angled up at my big noggin a little.

DEC08056.jpg

After touching tilt and goint to setting Two, then tapping exit, the 'buttons' drop off as play continues.

DEC08048.jpg

Unit powered off:

DEC08063.jpg

Yeah, the detachable screen sticks out a little, but I can live with it.
One of the main things I liked about this unit is the 7" detachable screen.
I think this will keep most thieves at bay, if there are better targets around.

DEC08064.jpg

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good Hatch... about time you ditched that skipper head unit.

A little word to the wise.. The ability to play video while driving is kewl and all. But don't do like I did. I used to play concert DVDs in mine. Especially on road trips. Until I realized one day that I was spending more time watching the video than I was watching the road!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good Hatch... about time you ditched that skipper head unit.

A little word to the wise.. The ability to play video while driving is kewl and all. But don't do like I did. I used to play concert DVDs in mine. Especially on road trips. Until I realized one day that I was spending more time watching the video than I was watching the road!

Thanks! Yes, it's about time I swapped it out.

I have yet to play a DVD while the car was even running, but I'll try to stay away from watching videos and not the road. Mainly defeated it for the wife for trips.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back