Leather

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
Well the mustang is the first car i have had with leather so im checking to see if y'all have any tips for me on maintaining the leather.

I've seen other peoples vehicles that have leather and after a couple years the seats are cracking... I really dont want that to happen to my car

Let me know what product you use, how often, and procedure

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
first off, you need to know that the whole seat isnt leather, just the centers. so any leather specific cleaners that have to be used on leather only need to stay in the middle. also, they dont absorb into the vinyl and you end up getting that shit all over your clothes

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
What do you suggest for the vinyl? This stuff is so weird. I was at a do-it-yourself carwash and saw a guy in another s197 shilacking the inside with armor-all...I verped when I saw it.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i actually use just mild soap and a good rag. if you want it to shine, you can use a small amount of armor all

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Yea AA seem to work the best on everything I had the wipes for free so I used them. Lasted a good amount of time. But I agree water and a little soap first to clean and then dress them up after you dry them.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Zaino leather in a bottle. It even works well on the "monkey leather" smells good too.

KKstang

Reaction score
Try Leather New, I use to show horses and this is what i have always used on my leather, even on my car now, My saddle is at least 15 yrs old and still looks great!

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
What did you use to heat the seats/oil up with when you used leatherique?

Since our seats are coated I use a vinyl conditioner with a uv protectant.

jennerik05

Reaction score
Meguires. Use the cleaner and the conditioner. I've tried almost everything. Like KKStang, I used to show horses as well. I used to use Lexol, but the Meguires beat it hands down. Love this stuff.

CHEEDAR07

CHEESE PUFF
Reaction score
yea i agree with using meguires cleaner and conditioner thats what i used at my detail shop when i had it.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 20

anticubicle

Reaction score
I use this stuff. Seeing as our seats are Leather AND Vinyl it works great. I've never seen a product that works as good as this. I'm sure theres one out there but prob more expensive. The conditioner has a very high content of lanolin. The stuff smells like Leather in a bottle.

pinnaclewax_2087_4691209

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pinnacle-leather-combo.html

I use the cleaner once every two weeks. And I use the conditioner once a month. This is for the front seats. No one ever sits in the back seats so I do those every 2 or 3 months.

Last edited:

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
I use this stuff. Seeing as our seats are Leather AND Vinyl it works great. I've never seen a product that works as good as this. I'm sure theres one out there but prob more expensive. The conditioner has a very high content of lanolin. The stuff smells like Leather in a bottle.

pinnaclewax_2087_4691209

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pinnacle-leather-combo.html

I use the cleaner once every two weeks. And I use the conditioner once a month. This is for the front seats. No one ever sits in the back seats so I do those every 2 or 3 months.

My seats are gray, they have a kinda dark tint in spots on the driver side. Does this get the dark rubs out?

anticubicle

Reaction score
My seats are gray, they have a kinda dark tint in spots on the driver side. Does this get the dark rubs out?

The kit comes with a brush, you should be able to get most marks out with some gentle scrubbing. The main thing with seat care, whether it be leather, vinyl or cloth is to not be too abrasive with it but rather repetition. If the stain or mark doesnt come out the first time, try again.

Also, for lighter interiors I have actually used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! I've yet to use it on leather but plastic interior panels the thing is...well, magic. LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back