Leaving rear axle hanging without support

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
I had the rear of my car on jack stands by the frame and supported differential with the jack and uninstalled panhard bar and rear shocks. Two days went by and today I noticed that my jack had failed and the differential was just free hanging without any support. Any possible damage to DS or would it be ok due to UCA holding onto it? I'm worried because UCA wasn't pointing straight down. It was at about 45 degree angle which mean basically DS was receiving all the stress.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah - my brake lines become completely tight before I can even remove my stock rear springs. Had to remove the calipers. Don't know how others swap springs without removing them. Rubber lines I guess!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I think I did that, will try next time, thanks for the tip.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Brake lines would be my worry.

Yea I just saw my brake lines and they were fully stretched...:banginghead:
So its just brake lines that were holding onto the whole thing? You think it might have damaged the lines? I didn't see any leakage.

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
Issue isn't that they will leak now, it's when you put all the pressure on them when applying the brakes. If they got a weak spot from stretching it might give at some point, just when you need it.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Issue isn't that they will leak now, it's when you put all the pressure on them when applying the brakes. If they got a weak spot from stretching it might give at some point, just when you need it.

Make sense. Oh well I guess its perfect excuse to get some steel lines.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back