less torque steer (sway bar ?)

matt texass

Reaction score
Since im planning on spraying right out of the hole I would like to get rid of the most torque steer possible. What rear sway bar is everybody using or recomending?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear that Steeda has one of the best rear swaybars out there. IMO, there is BMR, Steeda, FRPP, and Eibach (same as FRPP). I think that's all of them. I'm not sure on the diameter of the sway bar on my vert. I know it's different from the coupes though. Eventually I'd like to do one but it's not a main priority unless it's needed and well actually benefit my performance at the strip.

matt texass

Reaction score
anything that adds the stability or makes the car more rigid should help your performance at the track

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been replacing every thing else, but I am going to need to do the rear sway bar as well, I just haven't gotten to it yet as I don't think the stock ones are all that bad when compaired to some of the other things I think are higher priority to replace like the panhard bar.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
matt... Something like BMR's Extreme Anti-Roll Bar might be a good choice for you rather than just another sway bar.

XSB005-small.jpg

Last edited:

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
The BMR piece that Don W posted above is a track only piece right? The front sway bar is plenty thick. The rear one could be thicker however. I like steeda's rear sway bar as well.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
The BMR piece that Don W posted above is a track only piece right? The front sway bar is plenty thick. The rear one could be thicker however. I like steeda's rear sway bar as well.
There are guys running it on the street. I might be joining that club soon, too.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I measured the BMR when I installed it, and it is a full 1/8" thicker than the coupe stocker.

matt texass

Reaction score
the bmr is much stiffer if i remeber right..... as far as the rear suspension goes the upper control arm and rear sway bar are that i can replace now. i like the look of the steeda one

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back