Lets talk detailing

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
What does everyone here use? I'm planning on buying some products to clean my car. I know zaino is good, but I want to know what you all use.

Thanks!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a million posts and threads about this. Try the search function and you will gain the knowledge you seek..

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
oh I only saw 5 threads here in keeping it clean so figured i'd post up

VistaStang

Reaction score
I use Adam's Polishes, not too bad of a price, very user friendly products, and the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
When I'm doing a "full" detail, I use the Zaino products. When I don't have a lot of time, I use Meguires and/or Mothers products

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone has a different choice of products. You pretty much just have to try stuff out until you find one that works for you and your car. Thats what Ive done. I have a line up of all kinds of stuff I use, and I still try different things when I think a product is working as well as another one may be able to.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Zaino its insaneo. Love the whole line of products they offer.

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
I use the Menzerna line for polishes and Zaino for the quick detail and tire shine.

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
I've been using Meguires Three step since before I've been driving. I just think its a good, economical all around product. I've never tried Zaino but would like to some day when I have time to do the whole process.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a few steps you can take to get a really kickass shine.
1. Claybar
2. light compound
3. Polish
4. Wax

I use Meguires for the claybar, compound, and polish. Then for the wax I use Zymol or Zaino. Anything that starts with a Z I think you'll be safe using lol. I like to put 2 coats of wax, maybe a little too excessive but I live in Kansas and have nothing better to do. Also, right after all is done, spray a fine mist of water, in a spray bottle, on the entire car and wipe off, with a terry cloth of course. This does away with uneven spots in the waxing. Lots of work but after your done I promise your car will have the smoothest feeling to it and your paint will have a mirror finish.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
The next time I detail, I'll use zaino products. The results I've seen from it is outstanding!!

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
www.autogeek.net

I could spend all day looking on that site for stuff.

What I'd do...

1. Get a good wash mitt - I like microfiber
  2. Get a water blade and a microfiber drying towel - I like these better than a chamois, but I guess it's all preference
  3. Get a clay bar - the Meguiar's kit works nicely
  4. Get a DA orbital - more forgiving than a circular buffer
  5. Get some real light polish or cleaner wax
  6. Get paste wax
Better to do too little than too much with your paint. The more aggressive you need to go, the more swirls you're gonna put in your paint...if the paint is in bad shape, you may have to use aggressive stuff. If you have a lighter color you can probably get away with more stuff.

Then of course you have the interior, which I like doing. It takes no skill, just time and attention to detail. Also make sure to clean all the 'forgotten areas' such as jambs, trunk, engine bay, ground effects, wheel wells, etc.

CHEEDAR07

CHEESE PUFF
Reaction score
What does everyone here use? I'm planning on buying some products to clean my car. I know zaino is good, but I want to know what you all use.

Thanks!
I use meguires quick detail after a wax everyonce in a while and i use mequires hand wax and go through the car through and through, something you can do to the engine bay also to make it shine real well with minumum work is to wipe any excess dirt of your engine and the surrounding componets and use a bottle of armorall but not the spray bottle type the little bottle top, and soak the engine bay wipe off access spray off your paint, close your hood for about five to ten min and the engine will look like new, thats what we did when i worked at david stanly ford for new cars and thats what i do for my s197, and dont worry it does not ruin any hoses or any components, i have done it to mine for the last two years.

CHEEDAR07

CHEESE PUFF
Reaction score
and also only use microfiber cloths for waxing or anything with the paint

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 13

anticubicle

Reaction score
I love these threads!!!!

Depending on what condition the paint is in...

This is what I did to my car over the Christmas holiday — Miabullit can testify how my car came out ;)

1. Wash (with Dawn to remove old wax residue).
2. Claybar
3. Wash again
4. Polish with Pinnacle XMT Swirl Remover 3 using a Green Foam cutting pad
5. Pinnacle XMT Carnuba Glaze using a White Foam polishing pad
6. Wolfgang Paint Sealant applied with a Black Foam polishing pad. Let cure for 12 hours.
7. Pinnacle Signiture Series II Carnuba hand wax applied
8. Meguire's Quick Detailer although once I run out of this stuff I'll likely pick up a bottle of Pinnacle Mist.

For tires I use Wheel & Tire Gel Cleaner by DP. To shine the wheels, I use Wheel Glaze by DP and for my tires I use Optimum Tire Shine.

For interior...

1. Pinnacle Rubber & Vinyl protectant for the dash and any rubber/vinyl pieces.
2. Pinnacle Leather Cleaner followed by the Conditioner
3. Glass cleaned with Invisible Glass ;)

Never had to shampoo my carpet...

anticubicle

Reaction score
www.autogeek.net

I could spend all day looking on that site for stuff.

What I'd do...

1. Get a good wash mitt - I like microfiber
  2. Get a water blade and a microfiber drying towel - I like these better than a chamois, but I guess it's all preference
  3. Get a clay bar - the Meguiar's kit works nicely
  4. Get a DA orbital - more forgiving than a circular buffer
  5. Get some real light polish or cleaner wax
  6. Get paste wax
Better to do too little than too much with your paint. The more aggressive you need to go, the more swirls you're gonna put in your paint...if the paint is in bad shape, you may have to use aggressive stuff. If you have a lighter color you can probably get away with more stuff.

Then of course you have the interior, which I like doing. It takes no skill, just time and attention to detail. Also make sure to clean all the 'forgotten areas' such as jambs, trunk, engine bay, ground effects, wheel wells, etc.

Good call. The Meguiar's Claybar kit though, I have to disagree. The clay on those things don't pick up nearly as much as some of the higher end clays.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back