Let's talk heat extractors and IATs

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I would be interested in re routing the air filter as long as it doesn't involve cutting & welding panels.

I do have a P1 which sits in the original airbox location. Can you tell me more about the curved pipe you mentioned?

I've never took a pic but is basically just a a curved fabricated pipe that does a 180 to the original filter area. On bigger units there is no space between it and the strut tower.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
i don't know about the passages on the tvs but i drilled my inlet/outlet fittings on my whipple at 16 psi. seemed to help some. noticed in the myrtle beach 100 degree heat in traffic

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Pro charger's open cone filter, with no heat shield, just sitting in the corner, by the firewall on driver's side appears fubar to me, but pro-charger tells me it works...which I find hard to believe. It's located in the absolute worst possible place....period. If you want to suck in 200F hot air....then heat it up even more via the blower...go for it.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
That 2psi with the same pulley doesn't do you any good though. You're already octane limited to 10.5-11psi and it will go 18psi turned all the way up. I agree that in theory you can run it at a slightly lower blower speed which will reduce IAT's and parasitic loss a little..............But good luck measuring that. It's not like the blower is anywhere near stretched out on pump gas. It's smack dab in it's efficiency range.

From my perspective that's a lot of shekles for an idea. That same money put elsewhere would net much bigger gains.

This I can understand better. Not that I have an issue with Roush. I'm just not a "branding" guy.

If he bought the either the new vmp casing, or a new vmp gen 2 blower....it would say vmp on the side of it. If he just bought the high flow elbow..then it will say roush on the oem casing.

On paper, with another 2+ psi boost, he should be able to INCREASE the pulley by 6mm. On paper, the heat from the blower discharge
(pre-ic) should be down a bit, plus less hp to drive the blower to a slightly lower rpm. It would make for a damned good experiment.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
If he bought the either the new vmp casing, or a new vmp gen 2 blower....it would say vmp on the side of it. If he just bought the high flow elbow..then it will say roush on the oem casing.

On paper, with another 2+ psi boost, he should be able to INCREASE the pulley by 6mm. On paper, the heat from the blower discharge
(pre-ic) should be down a bit, plus less hp to drive the blower to a slightly lower rpm. It would make for a damned good experiment.

Exactly. P=FA

46addict

Reaction score
Pro charger's open cone filter, with no heat shield, just sitting in the corner, by the firewall on driver's side appears fubar to me, but pro-charger tells me it works...which I find hard to believe. It's located in the absolute worst possible place....period. If you want to suck in 200F hot air....then heat it up even more via the blower...go for it.

It may work for others but did not for me. Just a couple minutes of idling in 70F ambient made the whole system useless. I prefer Paxton/Vortech for their intake routing but I don't think their systems come with a blow through setup. Pros and cons to both.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back