Locked out of my PCM to tune?

warlock3055

Reaction score
I bought this car a year ago and I was doing modifications like hot rod cams didn't take throttle body cold air. I got my SCT tuner with a custom-made tune for everything I've done went to do the tune in the car it comes up with an error. Saying that I am locked out can not tune. Been in contact with SCT you're not sure what to do next other than maybe go to my local dealer to get my computer flashed which is been a nightmare trying to contact somebody there. SCT saying there might be another hand tuner that put a tune in there and can't get past that. Has anybody else had this issue?

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I had the runaround with SCT when I purchased cheap, an unlocked tuner for a Raptor. I thought I could use the stock tunes in it for my Mustang. The custom Raptor tune locked out any canned tunes. The option they gave me was a $100 custom tune for the Mustang. They would not tell me how to reset the tuner or the reset tuner would give me the Mustang canned tunes. I take it from what you say, your tuner is locked to the car you purchased and you got the tuner with the car. I would say if the tuner you have is unlocked and you have had this tuner before you purchased your car, then it is possible the car you now have is not tuned to the tuner you now have and SCT is right. Time for a reflash.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP - please reread and re-write your question to be clear.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Never seen "locked out" error. As the admin said, not enough info.
My first gut feeling was, " your tuner is married to a different mustang".
Go into to SCT settings, and find the status page. Is the tuner married or not? If married, write down the VIN.

warlock3055

Reaction score
I bought this car a year ago and I started doing modifications like hot rod cams, throttle body cold air and intake. I got a new SCT tuner with a custom tune. while doing the install it comes up with a upload error "110BE". Been in contact with SCT not much help. They say there might be a progrm chip installed and its not allowing to read. Not sure what to do next other than maybe go to my local dealer to get my computer flashed which is been a nightmare trying to contact somebody there. SCT saying there might be another hand tuner that put a tune in there before i got this car and can't get past that. Has anybody else had this issue?
Please help

warlock3055

Reaction score
I bought this car a year ago and I started doing modifications like hot rod cams, throttle body cold air and intake. I got a new SCT tuner with a custom tune. while doing the install it comes up with a upload error "110BE". Been in contact with SCT not much help. They say there might be a program chip installed and its not allowing to read. Not sure what to do next other than maybe go to my local dealer to get my computer flashed which is been a nightmare trying to contact somebody there. SCT saying there might be another hand tuner that put a tune in there before i got this car and can't get past that. Has anybody else had this issue?

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
There is no other way to say it. The SCT tuner expects to see a Stock Mustang Tune on your car. It will then download that tune on the SCT and after a few minutes, up load your custom tune. You can not upload a Custom Tune without having a totally stock tune to download.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I would say contact the entity you bought the sct from.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The "unlock failed" error could be from a previous tune on the car. Assuming the custom tune is correct for your pcm strategy, you may need to have Ford reflash the car to stock.

warlock3055

Reaction score
Need some help with this one.
Started off I bought the car a year ago ran fine. I bought this as a project car for me and son. We went ahead and tore the motor down put hot Rod cams in there new timing chain set , delete the charge motion plates ,larger throttle-body and cold air kit. Bought a brand new SCT hand tuner with a custom tune made for this set up. Did the updates first and downloaded my tune into the hand held . Car had full charge on the battery , plugged it into the OBD2 port . Reads the car. Go to install the tune or any pre loaded tune. It stops and get the error. I contacted SCT talk to them they said it might be a prior tune in the car or a chip in between the computer in the OBD2 . Ok well the car did come with a aftermarket cold air , So I assume it had a tune in it prior to when I purchased the car. So my local dealership would not flash my computer so I went ahead and bought a new computer from a company. It is the same numbers on the computers from my Vin number with the four digit code on the computer. Put the computer in make sure the batteries a full charge I am the same code came up. Did some reading some people might say it might be the keys to the car so I went and had a locksmith come out here and program the three keys I had for the car and still the same thing. “ And there is no such thing as a master key” some people said in the other posts.
So now I am At a stop and I really need to find out what to do any info Anybody or had this issue please let me know

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back