loud exhaust

johnnyluvchx

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
greetings all, here is my first tech post ,can you please help me. with my new exhaust dilemma IE "to loud" just got the car back from the performance shop. just had bassani stainless h pype with high flow cats and jba shortie headers and have slp loud mouths axle backs. I had the slp's on with the stock set up and sounded fine. still would like it loud but not this loud. any suggestions would be great. I don't want my neighbors killing me when I start my car at 5:30 am.

thanks again john:rock:

jj_stang

Reaction score
Did you try with the Stock mufflers? that should tone it down some.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bwahahaha...I love starting my car at 5:30 AM in the garage, I bet you can hear it a block away!!!

Oh...change your axle backs. Some of the folks with quieter ones will chime in, 'cause it's not me. :victory:

And welcome to the site johnnyluvchx and jj_stang. :bigbeer:

Last edited:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im gonna try Corsa axle back when my car goes back together. Alot of searching and asking and thats what I was recomended the most. We will see!! :shock:

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bwahahaha...I love starting my car at 5:30 AM in the garage, I bet you can hear it a block away!!!

Oh...change your axle backs. Some of the folks with quieter ones will chime in, 'cause it's not me. :victory:

And welcome to the site johnnyluvchx and jj_stang. :bigbeer:

One day I asked my neighbor if it ever woke her up in the morning and she said 'YES I HATED YOU SO MANY TIMES BLAH BLAH' so now i park away from the apartments :)

Change the axle backs to stock, or the FRPP ones that are quieter than their loud ones... I forget the part number.

S

swoosh-stang

I have Borla's and an O/R mid pipe and it is very loud. I don't even have headers.

Just about any axle back will be quieter than SLP Loudmouth. I would try MAgnaflow or Bassani axleback.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this the thread where we all hawk the muffler we use?

Zoomers FTW!

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I have had Bassani, Loudmouths and Corsa. I always go back to the Corsa's. They sound awesome outside the car, but inside it is quiet and drone free. If you lived close by I would take you for a ride to see for yourself.

SVTsupremecy

forum member
Reaction score
I run a Pypes Offroad X and Zoomers mufflers and under 2,200 RPM its fairly mild but sounds nice and deep. Over 2,200 it sounds like it should

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
GO with one of the Flowmaster series, like maybe the 50 series. I have the 40 series and they DO NOT TRUMPET. THey have the old school rumble, not the dead give away mustang sound.

Plus if you shop around or talk to some of your "owner / operator guys you can get them for around $50 - $60 each. I got mine for $48 each

TexStang

Reaction score
+1, to me they are fairly quiet, but people all the time are tellin me how loud it is...o/r H, resonators, mac ab is what i run currently

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had Bassani, Loudmouths and Corsa. I always go back to the Corsa's. They sound awesome outside the car, but inside it is quiet and drone free. If you lived close by I would take you for a ride to see for yourself.

+1

My Corsas are very loud when you punch it but quiet as a mouse when cruising. No drone what-so-ever! They sound very good at idle as well.

Mike

Last edited:

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One day I asked my neighbor if it ever woke her up in the morning and she said 'YES I HATED YOU SO MANY TIMES BLAH BLAH' so now i park away from the apartments :)

Change the axle backs to stock, or the FRPP ones that are quieter than their loud ones... I forget the part number.
FRPP GTA's...that's what the Shelby GT runs and are fairly mild. The FRPP Stingers are the loud ones...tha ones I have!

Back