Lower grill insert

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
So I noticed this week that my lower front grill insert is not flush across the top. No biggie, I figured. It musta just popped out. After work yesterday I checked it out and I'm wondering if this is an OEM piece or not. There are only 2 locking tabs on the top instead of 4 like the bottom. Nothing is holding it in place in the center. It's molded that way. Nothing is broken off. Anybody know if this is right? I don't want to buy a new 1 just to have it do the same thing.

4ICAyI1.jpg

My insert doesn't have the tabs circled in red and the yellow ones don't have a lock/clip. They just slide into the slots on the bumper cover.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
So I noticed this week that my lower front grill insert is not flush across the top. No biggie, I figured. It musta just popped out. After work yesterday I checked it out and I'm wondering if this is an OEM piece or not. There are only 2 locking tabs on the top instead of 4 like the bottom. Nothing is holding it in place in the center. It's molded that way. Nothing is broken off. Anybody know if this is right? I don't want to buy a new 1 just to have it do the same thing.

4ICAyI1.jpg

My insert doesn't have the tabs circled in red and the yellow ones don't have a lock/clip. They just slide into the slots on the bumper cover.

Looks like the oem GT lower grille to me

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Moose, that's not my grill pictured. I posted that 1 showing what mine doesn't have tab-wise.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back